Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2009 22:29    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

When I log into the dashboard at the bottom is a notice that reads: "Updates from b2evolution.net
We recommended that you upgrade to version 2.4.6 "New Year" which is available for download here."

I copied the newest files in and I still get this message. I thought you only saw those messages when your version was outdated but mine should now be up-to-date. So am I wrong on how that works or am I actually missing something? Most of my pages say 2.4.6 on the bottom but since I had a really bad conversion expereince in the past I'm terribly paranoid about making sure I have the latest version at all times.

Thanks.

2 Mar 06, 2009 23:31

Well it should be *all* pages that have a version showing you the same version because it gets that bit from one place only.

Anyway patience is a virtue. I don't know how frequently it does it's thing, but eventually it'll figure out "oh yeah it's all good here".

I think! Maybe it wants us to update even though we've got the latest version? Mine is currently telling me I'm okay so I think give it a day or two for it to catch up to you.

3 Mar 07, 2009 03:14

If it's annoying you, open the file conf/_application.php and edit the $app_version (or maybe you forgot to update this file...)

4 Mar 07, 2009 05:21

sam2kb wrote:

If it's annoying you, open the file conf/_application.php and edit the $app_version (or maybe you forgot to update this file...)

It's not annoyance, it's paranoia. :)

5 Mar 07, 2009 14:55

Try to re-download the zip with the diff-files only and re-upload. Then when you relog to your backoffice, force refresh your browser (usually CTRL+F5; but some browsers use ALT+F5 while others, F5 is always force-refresh [like Opera 9; Opera 10; Safari 3; and Safari 4]).

6 Mar 08, 2009 00:32

You called it, EdB. Just had to be a little patient. everything is looking good today. Thanks everyone.

Form is loading...