Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2009 23:14    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Does any one know if I can do this? Thanks ina dvance for your help!

3 Mar 07, 2009 00:05

Thansk for your help!

4 Mar 07, 2009 14:17

John wrote:

Yes you can, however I suggest you read the following as a partial guide...
http://manual.b2evolution.net/Converting_WordPress_Themes

Ooh, didn't know we have those methods. Im doing it manually, running a localhost of b2evo and wp, and looking at the css of both - rename ids or classes if needed to its standard b2evo equivalent (if applicable) otherwise just use the skin's original.

But oh well, already used to doing it manually every step of the way (and I get to see how much better b2evo is and its skinning than WP :p )

6 May 02, 2009 20:22

Potentially n00b question...

How do I download wordpress skins? I have a wordpress account but see no place to find the files, as it says on the help page:

Copy the folder /wordpress/wp-content/themes/mydesign/ to /b2evolution/skins/mydesign/

7 May 02, 2009 20:24

Just found this, which I assume is what I need to do:

Turbo: Speed up WordPress

WordPress now has support for Gears, which adds new features to your web browser.

After you install and enable Gears, most of WordPress’ images, scripts, and CSS files will be stored locally on your computer. This speeds up page load time.

8 May 02, 2009 20:50

Well, that didn't work, but I see that you can do an advanced Wordpress install (like b2evo, on your own computer). I am not sure if I am ready to do that just to get new skins. But at least I know how to do it now. :)

9 May 02, 2009 20:52

The WP skins are on the WP site or wherever you find skins.
In general there are two ways to match QP skins. Either you use the WP css file and change the index.main.php from B2evo or you take the index.main.php from B2evo and you change the css file from the WP skin. The latter is preferred fut the first is often easier especially if you know a little PHP and know your way in the B2evo style of programming skins.
I converted several skns. With my experience that takes a few hours to do.

If you encounter specific issues son't hesitate to ask.

Good luck

10 May 02, 2009 21:03

I wasn't anticipating it taking a few hours to transfer...I guess I totally underestimated the recoding shown on the help page. I just don't have that kind of time! I will just be happy with the b2evo skins! :)

Form is loading...