Recent Topics

1 Apr 05, 2009 04:35    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I recently installed b2evoltion and I can't seem to figure out how to disallow a user from being able to customize their assigned blog? All I want them to be able to do is post/edit/delete articles and that's it.

My apologies if this is a simple question, I tried looking for answer on the forums and couldn't find one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

2 Apr 05, 2009 05:11

never mind I got it :p

3 Apr 05, 2009 05:25

Wow that was quick!

I was thinking "damn I always forget all the details on that stuff" and figured I'd figure it out again for ya after I got done with what I was in the middle of, but before I got back you found the solution. Hey can you tell folks how you did it so maybe the next person with the problem can find your solution?

Oh and welcome to the forums :)

4 Apr 07, 2009 02:25

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

My solution was to set the user permissions for the blog created and this was done by first going to the "Features" tab of the specific blog and checking the box at the bottom labeled "This will turn on the advanced User and Group permissions tabs for this blog."

Then I went to the "User Perms" tab and assigned the necessary permissions. The other thing I also noticed was that the user created must belong to the "Bloggers" group.

Form is loading...