Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2009 17:55    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Trying to upgrade to the new stable release from the previous stable release.

I copied conf,skins,media,plugins to my computer. I deleted all files on the server, uploaded all the new files, copied my old base config over the new and am getting this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ')' in /home/purpleme/public_html/allthingscrabby/blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 1493

2 Apr 20, 2009 00:29

Upload a clean new install of the version you want. Get it working with the demo blogs. Then start uploading your previous files bit by bit. Start with conf, then media, then plugins and finally skins. Test each time and hopefully you will find what is causing the problem.

You could also download clean new versions of your plugins - it never hurts.

4 Apr 20, 2009 01:42

Use another brand new set of files for your new version. The thing is if you got a crapped up file somewhere there's no way to know exactly where. So if you download a new copy and unzip it and delete stuff from your server then replace it with the brand new stuff you'll be eliminating a million possible sources of file corruption all at once.

I'd actually start with just the /inc/ folder because that's where 90% of everything happens.

Remember to delete the stuff on your server, then replace with brand new stuff. Quite important that *if* you have a bad file it goes away and gets replaced. Only way to ensure that across all situations is to first delete then upload.

5 Apr 20, 2009 01:45

Okay Ed thanks... will start again now. I have five to update.

6 Apr 20, 2009 02:05

No dice :(

I used my cpanel to delete all the files and the directory showed empty.
When I went in to compare the inc folder after trying the upload again, the file with the error was different on the server. I don't know how that can be if all the files really deleted!?

Going back thru folder by folder now to try again.

Form is loading...