Recent Topics

1 Apr 23, 2009 04:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi, I just started to use B2 and have been working on a wing and a prayer.
Somehow I was able to get my main blog to feed to my facebook notes.
And I have not been able to figure out how I did it so I can do the same for my other blogs? It had to be something simple somewhere. But I have been unable to find it! Any ideas?
Thanks,
Sherryg

3 Apr 23, 2009 15:33

Thanks for your response, but I am sure it was just a selection somewhere in the menu when configuring the blogs. I have not at this point done anything with any coding.

Sherryg

4 Apr 23, 2009 19:58

esanchez wrote:

... http://yourmainsite.com/indexp.php?blog=X&tempskin=_rss2 ...

OT: oh man that sucks. Don't make fake links, please! Make 'em not be links, like this: http://yourmainsite.com/ and let real links like http://wonderwinds.com become links. Much nicer!

Back on track: each blog already produces it's own feed so there is no need to hack anything. Sherryg can you provide a link to both your blog and your facebook thingie where this notes thingie shows up? All I know about facebook is ... nothing. So if there is a setting that got something from b2evo to it then knowing something about the end point might help someone here find the beginning point. Make sense? Hope so!

6 Apr 23, 2009 20:33

I thought about using your domain but spam blockers keep stopping me on the rest of the net so ... you know ... Pavlov figured it out a long time ago ;)

7 Apr 23, 2009 20:40

[ot .... continued]btw, how much are you selling your adspace for, it seems to get a lot of exposure[/ot]

¥

8 Apr 23, 2009 21:32

I am sure I didn't do anything in Facebook to get the feed. All I can remember is having a prompt which let me feed to facebook. There may have been other selections also. I chose Facebook, I was already logged in.
I might have had to enter my facebook id but that is it. I really don't remember specifics.. and of course I didnt write it down.

I pretty much do not know what I am doing...but I know I was able to do this.. and I thought it would feed all of the blogs... but it is only working the first one.

9 Apr 28, 2009 00:40

A question related to facebook... any plugin or the like to automatically update my blog (like in the sidebar) of my facebook status updates?

10 Apr 28, 2009 01:31

Hi - you can set up your Facebook Notes section to import your RSS feed from b2evo.

I did mine a long time ago so I don't remember the full steps but - check into Notes... and then configure your Notes to read from your blog's RSS feed. works great.

11 Apr 28, 2009 01:37

esanchez wrote:

Hi - you can set up your Facebook Notes section to import your RSS feed from b2evo.

I did mine a long time ago so I don't remember the full steps but - check into Notes... and then configure your Notes to read from your blog's RSS feed. works great.

Not sure if this is in response to my request (sorry, exhausted mom with a new baby)... but if it was, that's not what I want. I want b2evo to pull my FB status updates.

No biggie though.

/off to try and nap

Form is loading...