Recent Topics

1 Apr 23, 2009 11:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Dear B2Evo users,

We have a web site build with B2Evo 2.4.5

Our problem is, when we try to login, user name and password is being accepted but modules cannot be seen.

We cannot edit or order anything on web site but when we take a look to "who's online" I see myself as on-line.

Any solutions or recommendations for this issue?

3 Apr 23, 2009 15:05

It looks like it is fixed now. I see your site and if I type:
http://bisikletmagazin.com/admin.php I get your login screen.

aside from cookies, you also need javascript enable... but I think you've figured it out already...

4 Apr 23, 2009 15:27

Dear Edgar,

We can connect to admin.php site and can see login interface but when we login to our accounts we get these warnings in order

Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired. But both options are enabled.

When we try at 2nd time we get this warningYou must log in!

it's like a circular reference :(

5 Apr 23, 2009 17:00

foruma hoşgeldiniz..türkçe desteğe ihtiyacınız olursa direk banada msj atabilrsnz ;)

crack open ../conf/_basic.config.php and check the $baseurl field.. in your case, it should look sth like this:

$baseurl = 'http://www.bisikletmagazin.com/';

make sure you dont have any typos or anything.. for future reference go to conf/_advanced.php and change

$instance_name = 'b2evo';// example: $instance_name = 'bisikletmgzn';

to sth unique as proposed otherwise you might have problems when logging in multiple b2 installs with same instance name

6 Apr 23, 2009 18:19

We tried many things ; still the same, we can see ourselves on-line but no modules...

7 Apr 23, 2009 18:49

did you actually change 'instance_name' => 'b2evo' to sth unique ? and did u check ur baseurl again ?

'cause generally the problem's gotta be one of those two i have mentioned above..it has been encountered several times, [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=16149]here[/url] ,and [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=17919]there[/url] and many other topics

or you can try clearing your cookies as an alternative but this really shouldnt be it, despite it's my first visit to your website i get the same message.

So please paste a whole copy of your ../conf/basic.config.php & your ../conf/advanced.php so that we could check them.

and did you rename the sample-.htaccess to .htaccess ? have a look at [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=75366#75366]this[/url] too

8 Apr 23, 2009 18:59

The point that we're skipping on posts; our web site was working for 1 year without problems.

This problem occured suddenly.

Also appreciately we tried everything you advised.

9 Apr 23, 2009 19:06

aybarssurucu wrote:

The point that we're skipping on posts; our web site was working for 1 year without problems.

This problem occured suddenly.

Also appreciately we tried everything you advised.

you must have upgraded recently.. cause you cant be running 2.4.5 for 1 year ;) why dont you paste the whole content of those two files above so we can check ? - of course with private data masked- and did u change sample-.htaccess to .htaccess ? if you havent please do so and check the 3rd link i have given in the above post by ¥åßßå about htacess Rewrite rule

10 Apr 23, 2009 19:06

What changed from when it was working to when it wasn't? Assuming an upgrade because 2.4.5 hasn't been out for a year, in which case changing the instance name as Tilqi suggested would be my first suggestion as well and pretty much always cures these problems.

Only other problems that exhibit similar errors are when you bookmark a non-www version of your url and your $baseurl is the www version ( or vice versa ) or when your $baseurl ends in multiple /'s ( but yours don't, so that's one down eh? )

¥

11 Apr 23, 2009 19:14

We haven't had an upgrade our website is runing on 2.4.5 from the start. But you're right, we started on August 2008.

Also we haven't changed anything on php or something. I was just entering a post, I saved it as draft and we couldn't login back.

We tried all the things you have mentioned...

Tomorrow I'll get the php files to being posted here.

Thank you guys.

12 Apr 24, 2009 15:45

Today our admin guy checked php files and details, we couldn't find any clue.

Planning to update to latest version, we'll give a try.

13 Apr 24, 2009 18:26

If you'd like to PM me an admin login and FTP login I'll see if I can find the problem for you.

¥

14 Apr 24, 2009 19:18

Guys our admin lives in Italy and no chance to reach him until' Monday morning.

Another strange thing I've seen on our site; when we try to login and see ourselves on-line, the first article "Sea Otter Ve SRAM 2010..." counts up. For example, when I connect to web site without login I see the counter as "500 views" and when I try to login and see myself on-line, it counts up to "501 views" it's not for just one time.

Really appreciate for your interests.

15 Apr 26, 2009 22:25

Guys another experience about our problem; our articles had a dramatically increased numbers of views. I'm sure our website is not being viewed as much as like the counters.

Could it be spyware or something?

Another consideration of mine is, there's something wrong with the valid login interval. Maybe the problem is; the interval is so short and we are being logout when we return to main page after login.

16 Apr 26, 2009 22:31

1. Have you actually changed $instance_name in /conf/_advanced.php?

2. Have you CLEARED your cookies?

3. Have you tried logging in from a different computer or browser?

-----

Views increase by having more views. Since you put a link here that will trigger more views. If there is a problem with the login interval then *that* would be something that someone changed between when it worked and when it didn't, but I suspect it's the problem will be resolved with a new $instance_name. By the way that actually comes back to cookies because $instance_name will cause it to put a new cookie on your computer, thus bypassing the current cookie problem.

Clear cookies?

17 Apr 27, 2009 06:59

Thank you for your reply,

1. We checked $instance_name in /conf/_advanced.php and didn't changed it, it's correct according to advices of forum members.

2.We cleared cookies both from client and server.

3.We tried to login from different computers since I live in Turkiye and our admin lives in Italy. Also another accessible member are not able to login.

I will tell our admin guy to work on $instance_name.

Appreciate for your support.

18 Apr 27, 2009 10:09

Dunno who said "instance_name" was correct, but they're wrong because there is no "correct" value for that variable.

Change it to absolutely rule out cookies.

Also I'm going to go out on a limb here. It is possible that a file got broken somewhere. Somehow, for no reason at all, a file died. IF this is the case then you need to replace that one file. The problem is finding exactly which one it is will be very hard.

My favorite solution to "might be a broken file" is for you to get a brand new copy of the version you are using and unzip it on your computer. Then on your server DELETE the entire /inc/ folder. Then upload the brand new /inc/ folder you just unzipped. Also the /htsrv/ folder. Then see what happens.

Back up your files first just in case things get worse, but I doubt they will. If you have any modified core files you will lose them, but much better to get functional THEN customize than to not be functional at all yah?

Anyway replacing /inc/ and /htsrv/ with brand new copies (not from backups, not just a few files) is not a bad idea when symptoms are very strange. Also there is no "right" value for instance_name so whoever said that is simply wrong.

Best of luck!

19 Apr 27, 2009 10:11

Oops. Actually you've already completely ruled out the cookies issue, so you can ignore instance_name if you don't want to change it. The same problem for multiple players from multiple computers means it is not likely a cookie issue.

20 Apr 27, 2009 14:42

Dear B2Evo Users,

Today we upgraded our software from 2.4.5 to 3.1.0 Tilqi and now our website works... :p

22 May 01, 2009 00:08

Hi Airsupply#1fan.

Step one: this is not facebook or myspace so don't yell at us in giant letters.

Step two: if you want to ask a question completely unrelated to this particular forum thread DON'T POST IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM THREAD.

Step three: never mind. I've this feeling you won't be back and won't post something we can make sense of no matter how hard anyone tries to explain the concept of "intelligent dialog".

Have fun, EdB

Form is loading...