Recent Topics

1 Jun 02, 2009 01:40    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Dear b2 Team,

When I try to upload files I get the following error messages...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/pkendon/public_html/media/blogs/Home/9626420_p.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pkendon/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php on line 334

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpvj7bkQ' to '/home/pkendon/public_html/media/blogs/Home/9626420_p.jpg' in /home/pkendon/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php on line 334

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pkendon/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php:334) in /home/pkendon/public_html/skins_adm/_html_header.inc.php on line 40

Can anyone offer a solution?

Cheers,

Paul Kendon

2 Jun 02, 2009 03:39

Hi people, I'm working on this blog with Paul. Want to add that its v.3.2 (wicked, thank you!) and we have file permission problems going on which is likely related.

The files which were in place when we installed have the error message ".evocache folder read/write error. Check file system permissons"

Ive had a play with file and folder permissions (tried setting them to the same as a 2.4 blog I have). Also aware 3.2 has under Global Settings > Files > Advanced > Default CHMOD settings. (Nb. It says they're for UNIX. Pauls operating system is Linux, apache version 2.2.11 (Unix).

No idea whether these points make any difference :).

I'll add also that immediately prior to installing this 3.2v we'd installed a 2.6(?) with the same problems.

3 Jun 02, 2009 07:33

Did you chmod /media and all subdirs to 777

4 Jun 02, 2009 07:43

Have now :)

Working! Thank you.

Do I need to change / do anything with the Global Settings > Files > Advanced > Default CHMOD settings?

Currently on: 777 for Directories and 664 for files.

5 Jun 02, 2009 07:45

No need to change anything in b2evo, changing perms for media directory is enough.

6 Jun 02, 2009 07:48

Thanks.

Last question...3.2 has skin file directories too. Should I also Chmod the skin directories too? Files are doing the ".evocache folder read/write error. Check file system permissons" thing in the files browser.

Much appreciated.

7 Jun 02, 2009 07:55

Yes, if you really need it.

Form is loading...