Recent Topics

1 Jun 02, 2009 07:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm testing B2E in advance of possibly migrating from WP. I'm currently running Ver. 2.4.7, and I have a silly question:

When I write a post which I then designate as a page, I find that the page title is repeated, the second instance just below the first, and the second one is hyperlinked to the same page. I want to get rid of the second instance of the title.

For instance, if I have a write a page and give it the title "About Me", then the top of the page, under the header, will show "About Me" (not hyperlinked) which is fine, but right below that, in the same font it will show the same "About Me", but this one is clickable, and it takes you to itself.

A static page doesn't need a link to itself, and doesn't need the page title repeated. How do I get rid of the link?

My thanks in advance for anyone who can help me. I appreciate your time.

David

2 Jun 02, 2009 08:00

Welcome to the forums!

This seems to be a skin-related. What skin are you using?

Try to find something like this in index.main.php or posts.main.php or single.main.php and change 'title_single_disp' to false

// ----------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST --------------
request_title( array(
		'title_before'=> '<h2 class="sectionhead">',
		'title_after' => '</h2>',
		'title_none'  => '',
		'glue'        => ' - ',
		'title_single_disp' => true,
		'format'      => 'htmlbody',
	) );

3 Jun 02, 2009 09:32

Thanks Sam,

I've seen the same problem using both ASEVO and also in PIXELGREEN.

Thanks again,
David

4 Jun 02, 2009 12:57

I have tried changing index.main.php per above, using both "true" and "false". Neither changed the situation.

Thanks again
David

5 Jun 02, 2009 13:03

I want to develop a forum plugin that requires the user's url before posting and cant be surpassed without entering

6 Jun 02, 2009 17:29

Hi davidj.levy. You should set that to 'false' then use your "Tools" tab "misc" subtab (I think it is the misc subtab) to "delete prerendered cache". I think what is happening is that the post is cached with the value of 'true' so you are seeing it that way after you set it to false.

I could be wrong on this, but hey its worth a shot :)

Form is loading...