Recent Topics

1 Jun 03, 2009 03:25    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I don't know if anybody has seen this on their installation of b2evo. At this point, I am not sure where this came from but I've been ignoring for a long time...

Has anybody gotten any virus threads regarding injector.CZ?

2 Jun 03, 2009 13:02

esanchez wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I don't know if anybody has seen this on their installation of b2evo. At this point, I am not sure where this came from but I've been ignoring for a long time...

Has anybody gotten any virus threads regarding injector.CZ?

Well, I assume that it is your (Windows) hosting provider responsibility to remove malware from its customers' instances. Or at the very least, to enable its customers to do those dirty tasks by providing them with tools to achieve the (malware) removal procedure.

On the other hand, if you have an Windows VPS instance and you are on your own, you should install some of those general purpose purportedly anti-malware products.

For instance, here are a couple of links for some typical symptoms attributed to the so-called injector.CZ:

[url=http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-1000483-en--Trojan.Injector.CZ.html]Low Internet bandwidth (and/or) high CPU usage.[/url]; or here is another one --since you have caught your server in the act --[url=http://www.spytrackers.com/threats/trojan-injector-cz-removal.html]possibly "Collecting and/or sending confidential data to outside web sites."[/url]

If you are not successful in removing the offending process created by the malware, you may need to ask your hosting provider to reissue another server instance for your blog. The entrails (registry) of WinXX hosts much of these malware and often the only way to remove these is by an reinstallation of the operating system instance.

If I suggested an GNU/Linux distribution instance to host your blog, would you at least gave it some consideration?

Best regards.

3 Jun 04, 2009 03:43

Thank you for the great feedback. I'm researching more options for removal. avg and currently avast are not finding anything...

stay tuned.

Form is loading...