Recent Topics

1 Jun 22, 2009 10:11    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

whenever I test comment, it count and display
"1 comment" and "2 comments" and so on.

How can I change "1 feedback" and "2 feedbacks" ?

I've been looking around most of php files at directories and detail file,
however I can't find the part.

at least I want to know whhich file I have to modify.

thanks in advance

2 Jun 22, 2009 11:01

Welcome to the forums...
I don't know what skin your using however check out the index.main.php file for your skin and look for....

// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
					$Item->feedback_link( array(
									'type' => 'comments',
									'link_before' => '',
									'link_after' => '',
									'link_text_zero' => '#',
									'link_text_one' => '#',
									'link_text_more' => '#',
									'link_title' => '#',
									'use_popup' => false,
								) );

Replace the '#' where you wish... eg: 'link_text_zero' => 'Feedback'

etc etc

3 Jun 22, 2009 12:18

By the way you can change it from "X trackback(s)" to "X comment(s)" by changing the type of feedback - if that is what you are looking to do. In other words

'type' => 'comments'

will give you "X comment(s)", and changing it to

'type' => 'feedbacks'

will give you "X feedback(s)".

Actually I'm not sure off the top of my head if it is "feedbacks" or "feedback" but one of those uses that for the default text. The difference between comments and feedbacks is that feedbacks includes trackbacks if enabled and pingbacks if your blog is really old and you have some pingbacks from way back then.

4 Jun 22, 2009 19:37

Just to add to your information overload, if you use the % sign ( or summat ) in 'link_text_more' then it should be changed to the current count in a groooooooovy evo manner ;)

¥

5 Jun 22, 2009 19:38

EdB wrote:

By the way you can change it from "X trackback(s)" to "X comment(s)" by changing the type of feedback - if that is what you are looking to do. In other words

'type' => 'comments'

will give you "X comment(s)", and changing it to

'type' => 'feedbacks'

will give you "X feedback(s)".

Actually I'm not sure off the top of my head if it is "feedbacks" or "feedback" but one of those uses that for the default text. The difference between comments and feedbacks is that feedbacks includes trackbacks if enabled and pingbacks if your blog is really old and you have some pingbacks from way back then.

Thanks much for your replies.
However, I tried that already, I am using the skin breastawareness.

I tried to change it with the file name index.main.php under breastawareness skin directory and I tried the skins directory(original) with _item_feedback.inc.php.

Actually I want to change the word of comment to "feedback" or "words from people" something like that. Just I want to change the word when it is displayed, not inside of codes.

6 Jun 23, 2009 00:00

When I test comments function as visitor and member,
it display " Feedback awaiting moderation" and display "1 comment" and "2 comments" and so on when the comment approved for publication.

I want to change the display as "1 valuable comment" and"2 valuable comments" and so on..

Anyone can help me to change display described above ?

7 Jun 23, 2009 00:44

That is what John's answer will let you do!

// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
                    $Item->feedback_link( array(
                                    'type' => 'comments',
                                    'link_before' => '',
                                    'link_after' => '',
                                    'link_text_zero' => 'no one said anything yet',
                                    'link_text_one' => '1 valuable comment',
                                    'link_text_more' => '%s valuable comments',
                                    'link_title' => '#',
                                    'use_popup' => false,
                                ) ); 

By the way you will want to change it in all the files with .main.php names. index.main.php, single.main.php, posts.main.php, page.main.php and any others that might exist in that skin. You have to change it in the files in order for it to change what gets displayed, else how will your server know what you want? It uses '#' to mean "just use the default text".

By the way if I clicked the box here for "disable smilies" the "equals greater than" wouldn't turn into an arrow but I'm too lazy to click that box because I like to use smilies :)

8 Jun 23, 2009 01:35

Thank you so much~~~
I will try,,I hope it work and help other people want to change like me.
Thanks

9 Jun 23, 2009 03:26

Thanks for your help..
It works,, except the the display when I clicked it and display all the comments below.

When I clicked the Feedbacks below post at the first main page, it goes to the single page with some comments and display the number of published comments, however it display comment not valulabel comment when I followed the changes explained above.

How can I change both of them..

10 Jun 23, 2009 04:17

I Tried this below

// ------------------ FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) INCLUDED HERE ------------------
skin_include( '_item_feedback.inc.php', array(
'before_section_title' => '%d <h4>',
'after_section_title' => 'valuable comments</h4>',

However, It double display like below

3 comments valuable comments

How can I change only one time display ?

11 Aug 15, 2009 21:08

Hi All...I'm using the latest version of b2evo...3.3.1 I believe.

OK...working on a new site and I believe that the techniques you're discussing in this thread will solve my problem. But I'm getting errors...this is what I want to do.

Please view site http://www.thehorizontalway.com/ I am using this idea for my new site.

If you click comments on one of the posts...you'll see that the comment box appears in the next div over not below the post as b2evo defaults to...see my version at http://www.cicadagallery.net

How do I move the comment box over to the next div so I end up with

div (original post) div (comment box) balance of horizontal divs for the page?

Please answer this is driving me crazy. Let me know too if I should have started a new thread.

Sue

12 Aug 16, 2009 00:20

daddybank wrote:

I am using the skin breastawareness.

just to mention, shouldnt that be 'breast cancer awareness' ? 'breast awareness' is also way fine with me :D

13 Aug 16, 2009 00:35

@swaitela: please don't double post. It doesn't get answers quicker unless you count someone saying "don't do that" as an answer. Your second post as a new topic is fine. Or this one is fine. But both is not fine because now it just gets sloppier in here. Sloppy is bad :(

Form is loading...