Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2004 17:42    

After updating to 0.9.0.10 (from 0.9.0.8) on my remote Linux server, locale won't work anymore. Regardless which language s.o. selects (or is set as default), b2evo stays in English. I couldn't find any anomalies. I even re-installed from scratch w.o. any noticable results. OTOH, my local installation still works pretty perfect even after update to 0.9.0.10.
Any idea what I may have overseen/neglected/misinterpreted/done wrong?
Any helpful hint is highly appreciated...

2 Jul 20, 2004 21:44

What is set as the user's default locale in the "users" tab? What is the main locale for the blog in the blogs tab?

Is the "locales" folder properly uploaded with all the proper subfolders? Under settings> regional, does it say "No language file..." in the table there for the languages that you want?

3 Jul 20, 2004 22:41

isaac wrote:

What is set as the user's default locale in the "users" tab?

User setting: Preferred locale: German (DE)
isaac wrote:

What is the main locale for the blog in the blogs tab?

Blogs settings: Main Locale: German (DE)
isaac wrote:

Is the "locales" folder properly uploaded with all the proper subfolders?

Yes. Two times at least to exclude any possible errors.
isaac wrote:

Under settings> regional, does it say "No language file..." in the table there for the languages that you want?

No, it says Default locale set to 'German (DE)', in 'Avalable locales' German is set to #1, priority 1, enabled checked, strings show 1205, translated shows 100% . 'No language file' only shows up for all kinds of English.
Does this tell you more than me...specifically since my local settings are the same and b2evo shows up correctly? I'm pretty baffled.

Thanks for your efforts
d|hu

4 Jul 22, 2004 19:52

Isn?t the lang variable of the your brwoser ?!

5 Jul 22, 2004 20:14

Walter wrote:

Isn?t the lang variable of the your brwoser ?!

Well I just installed b2evo on an other server at an other provider - absolutely correct, language automatically detected and set. No probs at all. I uploaded sql backup - all ready to rumble within less than 10 min.

Then

I killed each and any tracks from my main server and uploaded all files again. I let the install script delete the previous sql table ($allow_evodb_reset = 1; ) - up to this point the language was recognized correctly, and the install script appeared in German. After table was successfully dropped, language of install page changed to English and remains - regardless which browser (IE, Firefox, Opera) was used. Each time I load .../blogs/install/index.php on this server, install page comes up in English rather than German. When I do the same on all other servers I installed b2evo, the page comes up in German.

Experience shows that b2evo stays in default (English) language when install dialog is in English. However it installs correctly, when install dialog uses language of locale...

I'm curious if s.o. has any ideas about that phenomenon.

[u]ADDENDUM:[/u]
The above phenomenon is reproducable. I created a new directory on my remote server and again uploaded all files, set config to write to my config script and started calling install.php. Again, the first installer page appeared in German (default locale was recognized) and after writing back to config.php - all further dialogs were in English and b2evo never shows up in German - nor install dialog neither blog itself. As soon as config.php gets changed the first time, b2evo doesn't switch languages any more.
Since I transferred all data to another server, the problem isn't that serious as before. Anyway, it would be interesting to know what's going on...

[u]2nd ADDENDUM[/u]
Switching back to default English dialog language occurs also as soon as the sql table is created. Config.php is not involved (sits on 644)

Form is loading...