Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2004 12:19    

hey!
I recently packed my skin (clean) and submitted it 3 days ago or so but it isn't yet avaliable on the page http://skins.b2evolution.net/
how much time does it take normaly?
thanks!

(and sorry for this shitty topic)

2 Jul 20, 2004 22:51

Maybe you should check your email ;) I mailed you about it 10 minutes after you submitted it.

I suggested a couple of improvements, but of course, it's up to you whether you make them, although I doubt anyone would be able to use it in the condition you sent it in...

3 Jul 21, 2004 04:31

I didn't get any e-mail...
And dude, sorry for submitting my skin...remove it if you want to...I just wanted to share this skin with others...as a community...I'm sorry it didn't work out...I'm happy with the skin, others should just change some minor things there...nothing big...
But hey, sorry again...

Peace.

4 Jul 21, 2004 07:24

From the skins site guidelines:

The skin must be able to be run on the version of b2evolution that is specified in the skininfo.html without any modification of any files. It should only need to be unzipped.

5 Jul 21, 2004 12:18

yes...aaaaand? what's the problem? oh...because the header has an image?
man...I was trying to be nice...remove my skin whenever you want to...

(I'm starting to think that you don't want me to compete against you in evoSkins contest)

Listen, if you want to, just tell me: I'll upload another one...otherwise, you can remove it, you have my permission.

I was trying to be nice, sorry for the incovinient...so much for the 'community' spirit...

Peace.

6 Jul 21, 2004 12:21

talking about skins, look at what your 'london' skin comes up with when using acro plug-in:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/tin-men/public_html/plugins/renderers/_autoacro.renderer.php on line 121

at least mine works...

Peace out.

7 Jul 21, 2004 19:12

Do I have to separate you two? :>

Keoshi, the issue is that your skin has a gigantic hard-coded link to your site on the top image, and a huge pic of your url. Which is fine... but think about it... Would you use a skin that had a huge link like that to my site? It's one thing to sign your work - it's another to put a signature on the skin that takes up a quarter of the screen, and then also sign it twice lower down on the page.

That essentially means a person has to edit the _main.php file in order to make the skin usable on any other site. Which is a shame, because, as I pointed out in another thread, it's a great design otherwise. Would it be alright with you if I modified it to link to whatever the main blog url is, and display the name of the blog in the image dynamically, instead of always displaying your url?

Please, let's try to be civil and not clutter up the boards with this stuff. I'm sure that you two can settle this via email or pm or something.

8 Jul 21, 2004 19:25

hey, isaac!

you seem the only that understands me...
I know the image is kinda big, but it was NOT my intention to link any other blog to mine... in skininfo.html I say, at certain point, that:

I(*) might want to replace the header image (easy one) but if you use this skin let my icon be there or something...gimme credit if you use this and let me know your url ;)

I think that's pretty easy to understand... and maybe yes, I didn't post my skin properly (it's meant to be usable as it is when you download it)...yes, maybe, but I haven't read any of that prior... It was Graham who told me that, after I posted it...

And yes, I know that no one is obligated to know how to change the pic, sorry...my bad...but I think my guilt ends up there...there's no reason to bring me down saying that it's almost impossible that anyone uses my skin...

Peace.

(*): 'I' should be 'You', sorry

9 Jul 21, 2004 19:33

I didn't mean to cause offence, I just prefer people to tell it to me like it is, rather then pretty things up with uneeded fluff. It's not that I don't want competition, I just made a couple of suggestions to how you could improve your work - like Isaac has done.

10 Jul 21, 2004 19:37

You two have very different ways to suggest how to improve things...
I didn't feel you supporting me in any way... Maybe it's just me.
Sorry, Graham.

Peace.

Form is loading...