Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2004 22:10    

Hi All --

I'm have a problem getting the install script to run successfully. After inputting the mySQL username, password, database, etc... on the "Base Configuration" page and hitting the "Update config file" button, the page refreshes to an almost empty page (has the b2evo titlebar, and the languages sidebar, but no main content in the big left pane).

I've looked at _config.php and it doesn't get modified and tables have been added to my empty b2evolution database.

I'm attempting to install on Fedora Core 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 Jul 20, 2004 22:27

Have you made the file writable by the server?

3 Jul 20, 2004 22:37

Graham wrote:

Have you made the file writable by the server?

Yep, I've done that and it hasn't helped. To be sure it isn't a permissions problem, I did a chmod -R a+w ./b2evolution/ (once I fiugre out what the problem is, I'll be reinstalling from the zipped archive.

/S_G

4 Jul 20, 2004 22:40

I had no problems with pretty much the same setup, doing the same install. Is apache working with everything else? I'd delete everything, re-download the zip and try again. It might have been missing files or something... :S I'm running out of ideas here. I'm totall unable to reproduce this problem on my remote linux account or my local windows apache.

5 Jul 20, 2004 22:50

Graham wrote:

Is apache working with everything else? I'd delete everything, re-download the zip and try again. It might have been missing files or something...

I re-downloaded the zip file and have the same problem. :(

Apache works fine w/ the basic test page from the Fedora install and the PHP info link on the b2evo install page shows me as having PHP 4.3.6

To clear up my initial post, No tables have been added to the database. I've tried giving the config page the mysql root user and pass but it makes no difference.

Hmm...

/S_G

6 Jul 20, 2004 22:56

I've tried installing v9.0.8 (instead of 9.0.10) and still encounter the same problem. It must be somehting in the Apache or PHP config, but I don't know what...

I saw one post (search for paranoid and android) that mentioned limitting the inclusion of php scripts from outside the working directory - could this be my problem (perhaps a default in Fedora install?) How would I go about checking?

7 Jul 20, 2004 22:57

You could try installing something like phpbb (thats got a dead easy set up too), that would probably narrow it down to either a b2evo problem, or a problem with your set up in general.

8 Jul 20, 2004 23:13

Graham wrote:

You could try installing something like phpbb (thats got a dead easy set up too), that would probably narrow it down to either a b2evo problem, or a problem with your set up in general.

Heh - that was a good test!

The phpBB install reported: The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose.

rpm -qa | sort | grep php returned:

php-4.3.6-5
php-ldap-4.3.6-5
php-pear-4.3.6-5

I installed the other php packages that I saw on the Fedora Package list with:

up2date -u php-devel php-imap php-mysql php-pgsql php-xmlrpc php-odbc php-snmp php-domxml

(I think it was probably the lack of php-mysql that caused the problem).

Once up2date is done, I'll see if it worked.

Thanks,

/S_G

9 Jul 20, 2004 23:32

That fixed the problem - for Redhat/Fedora users, make sure the the php-mysql package is installed.

Thanks again,
/S_G

Form is loading...