Recent Topics

1 Jun 26, 2009 00:42    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm one of the admins at http://blog.deslink.com and recently (we're not sure exactly when this happened, or why) we have received this error whenever we try accessing the site:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/blogde/public_html/index.php on line 106

If someone can shed some light on why this happened, and how to fix it, it would be very appreciated.

2 Jun 26, 2009 00:57

the error is quite clear (: you ve changed sth in your index.php and left a < outside or inserted a blank space somewhere by mistake.. we need to see that line and around it to actually tell you what u need to do

3 Jun 26, 2009 01:17

Neither me nor the other admin have touched anything, though. Could it have happened some other way?

4 Jun 26, 2009 01:27

via FTP, check your index.php file by comparing it to an original index.php from the downloaded package.
If it's been altered/hacked/messed up, you should be able to note the difference and edit it, or upload a fresh new one.

5 Jun 26, 2009 01:54

if you havent made any changes just replace it with the one in your latest backup.. if you dont have one, it'd be a fine warning for you to take backups before worse happens

6 Jun 29, 2009 02:46

Thanks for the help. We replaced the index file, and aside from a few corrupted skin files, everything seems to be working well.

Form is loading...