Recent Topics

1 Jun 25, 2009 20:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have installed b2evolution version 2.4.6 and updated the code_highlight_plugin with version 0.3, which originated from AstonishMe and has the GeSHi backend. All instructions were followed for the replacement and installation. This plugin was downloaded via the plugins page at b2evolution.

When posting, I am able to select the code that needs to be highlighted, choose the language (csharp) from the dropdown list, then click the codeblock button. The code that is generated for the selected code has < and > around it. Left this way, I get an Illegal Tag error for the word codeblock. If I replace the < and > with square brackets, no errors are generated at save time but the code is not rendered at preview or view time.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Jun 25, 2009 20:42

Urm, our plugin has never had a language dropdown?

¥

4 Jun 25, 2009 20:58

ahhh .... now it all makes sense!

You may wish to contact the plugin author and notify them that the code highlighter plugin is now part of the core and has a had a smidge of a recode/change so they may like to update their plugin to reflect those changes

¥

5 Jun 25, 2009 21:36

Ok...I decided to back out the Code Highlight Plugin downloaded earlier and put the core version back in. I performed a reload plugins then clicked on the local documentation button for the plugin to verify that the core version was loaded. I also performed a delete pre-rendered item cache.

I then tried to post of PHP code by selecting the code then clicking the PHP button from the Expert tab. The code generated is surrounded by square brackets with the codeblock lang="php" line="1" and saves successfully. Unfortunately, this code is not rendered at preview or view time either. It is displayed but is in the exact format as how I entered it, with square brackets and all.

Thanks for your prompt responses!!

6 Jun 25, 2009 22:15

Can you point me to that post?

¥

8 Jun 25, 2009 22:29

damn, wish I'd not asked now, looks like the plugin is a smidge screwed in cvs :P

... anyway, tad irrelevant, it's a different problem ;)

what happens if you try and post the following ( link to post would be nice )

[codeblock lang="php" line="1"]<?php
echo "hello world";
echo 'are single quotes better?';
?>[/codeblock]

It looks like this on my (cvs) test blog : [url=http://cvs.innervisions.org.uk/index.php?blog=1&p=34&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1]test results[/url]

*note to self*
enable clean urls :P

¥

9 Jun 25, 2009 22:36

I have posted the code you provided. If you would like to post, just register as a user and I'll grant you access.

Thanks!!

10 Jun 25, 2009 22:49

ok, that result doesn't make sense :-S

tad to brain dead to debug tonight, if you want to create me a user and pm the details then I'll try and get chance to look in the morning ;)

¥

11 Jun 26, 2009 09:49

Ok, this is a simple fix .. when you make a post just tick the code highlighter in the renderers list ( bottom right of the write screen ) ;)

¥

12 Jun 26, 2009 18:38

Well...duh. That was a simple fix! I will now go back and try out the version that supports more languages - Knowing that the < and > will need to be replaced with square brackets.

Thanks so much for your help!!

13 Jun 26, 2009 22:32

Makes yah wonder "should I be ecstatic that it was 'that' easy ... or should I just slam my head against the wall with a "duh" "duh" "duh" "*breaks wall*"

Personally I was ecstatic ... once my brain woke up ;)

¥

Form is loading...