Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2009 07:52    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hey there,
this is probably really simple, but i'm struggling to find where/how i can change the background photo for the bodrum skin title - i'd rather have a photo of my own, relevant to my blog, than the admittedly lovely photo of the sea:)
any help muchly appreciated!
best,
jessie

2 Jul 01, 2009 12:06

Hi Jessie

It looks like the file you are looking for is in images/img_header.jpg within bodrum skin folder. All you need to do is make a backup of that file and then replace it with an image of your own. You will need to keep the same file name and probably make sure your image is the same size as the existing one.

L

3 Jul 02, 2009 11:57

hey L!

thanks so much for your reply - i did as you said (using filezilla) but now i'm a little stuck, because i changed the header photo to a different one and it's still the same photo as before!

any ideas?

thanks in advance!

5 Jul 02, 2009 12:05

Do you have a link to your site we can have a look at so I can see what image is loading up etc.

You might have to pm me with some ftp details to sort this out fully if you are OK with that kind of thing?

L

6 Jul 02, 2009 12:16

hey l

sorry but i am really very untechincal so you might have to be a little patient with me:)

'Clear your cache' - what does this mean please?

'You might have to pm me with some ftp details' - ummmmm

but my site i can tell you! www.jessieandthegiantplate.com

:)

7 Jul 02, 2009 12:21

It looks like you have done just fine. There is now a picture of a giant plate with a little boy next to it. Is that what you were expecting ?

It depends on what browser you are using but the clear cache will be in the settings of your browser somewhere. When your browser visits a site is caches some of the images etc to make it faster to load in the future. What browser are you using ?

L

8 Jul 02, 2009 12:34

ahhhhhh! it's working in internet explorer but not mozilla!

ok it has downloaded, but now it's in the wrong place dammit!

L, do you know how i can get it over to the left next to the black box?

thank so much for your help my the way!

j

9 Jul 02, 2009 12:35

In FF hold ctrl && press f5 to hard refresh ;)

¥

10 Jul 02, 2009 12:50

I haven't tested this in all browsers etc but try the following.

You can move it over to the left by simply opening up style.css in your skin folder and look for the following:

#header {
	height: 292px;
	background: url(images/img_header.jpg) no-repeat right top;
	margin-right: 10px;	
}

and replace it with:

#header {
        background-image: url(images/img_header.jpg);
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: 180px 0px;
}

I am no css expert though ;)

L

11 Jul 02, 2009 13:01

ahh, and is that via filezilla or elsewhere?

sorry for the stupid questions!

12 Jul 02, 2009 14:34

If you have a local copy on your computer of style.css then I would just edit that one and upload it to overwrite the one on your server.

13 Jul 03, 2009 05:25

wow l, you're a genius!!!!

thanks so so much - but i'm afraid i just have one more question (and this one's a bit fussy!)

at the moment there's a little gap between the bottom of the grass on my header picture and the dark grey line that borders the whole title box. what i'd really like is for the grass o be flush with the line:)

i know that i should change a px number to get that to move down (and i realise it'll need a bit of tweaking), but can you tell me which px number i need to change in the style.css file?

thanks again, you've been so helpful!

j

14 Jul 03, 2009 06:08

oh, and could it go slightly to the right as well?

thanks!

15 Jul 03, 2009 06:11

Try this... the background-position bit..

#header {
        background-image: url(images/img_header.jpg);
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: 180px 25px;
} 

16 Jul 03, 2009 06:28

yeah!!!!!! awesome thanks!

and sorry to be fussy, but what should i change to move it ever so slightly to the right? sorry to be a pain!

17 Jul 03, 2009 06:46

edit the 180.... try 183 then just keep adjusting it till your happy with it

18 Jul 03, 2009 09:43

If you want it a little to the right change the 180px to something higher :)

19 Jul 03, 2009 10:11

thanks L! you've been so helpful!

20 Jul 03, 2009 10:40

Glad that is it working for you :)

Form is loading...