Recent Topics

1 Jul 09, 2009 11:02    

I'm doing an installation on localhost. I have 2 sample posts to tinker up a plugin. One of them disappeared when I told the blog it is in to aggregate posts from other blogs. It comes back when I tell the blog to aggregate posts from itself.

So like blog #1 has a single post in it. I go to posts/comments and see it in the post list. I then go to blog settings -> advanced and tell it to aggregate posts from blog #2. Back to posts/comments, and the post in blog #1 is not there. So I tell blog #1 to aggregate posts from blogs 1 and 2. Like magic the post that is actually in blog #1 shows up again.

Why would I have to aggregate posts from a blog into itself?

I never noticed this before so maybe it is a unique problem having to do with running on localhost and possibly having a crappy old php or mysql version?

2 Jul 09, 2009 11:31

It's not a unique problem, it's a known feature ;)

¥

3 Jul 09, 2009 11:36

Somehow I kinda thought that might be the case.

One could get totally weird with this... Like, NEVER aggregate a blog into itself. Always aggregate one other blog into each blog, then see if anyone can follow where the posts actually go.

I'll just add it to the list of required improvements for 3.stable when that shows up if it has the same "feature".

And I'll call this solved ... or see if we have a forum for checkbox features.

EDIT: yup! It's called "not a bug", and so was the checkbox ;)

4 Jul 09, 2009 11:38

EdB wrote:

One could get totally weird with this... Like, NEVER aggregate a blog into itself. Always aggregate one other blog into each blog, then see if anyone can follow where the posts actually go.

That sounds like my blog :P

¥

Form is loading...