Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2009 13:33    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Is there controls in place for who gets to write intro posts that I haven't found? I just gave "ablogger"s group permission to post in blog B and tried to write an intro-cat. Quite successful, although ablogger is just a blogger and therefore shouldn't be allowed to take top slot on a category page.

Nice feature for sure, but not if any blogger who can post can make them.

2 Jul 16, 2009 16:02

Maybe there should be permissions for each user/group that define what post types can be used?

3 Jul 18, 2009 13:18

I think, even though it is already really wide when viewed 'advanced', that a set of radios on Blog settings -> pick a blog -> Group (or User) settings would be good. It doesn't seem like the type of thing that belongs in Users -> Group Name to my mind is the thing.

Alternatively, only the blog owner (with an installation owner over-ride?) can make the various 'fancy' post types would provide pretty clear ownership yah?

4 Jul 18, 2009 13:45

EdB wrote:

a set of radios on Blog settings -> pick a blog -> Group (or User) settings

That's what I thought about. :-)

Alternatively, only the blog owner (with an installation owner over-ride?) can make the various 'fancy' post types would provide pretty clear ownership yah?

That also sounds like a good idea; only the blog owner and admin users could post with these "special" post types... Well, then again, you may want some other users to have this ability, too - I think your first idea might be better.

5 Jul 19, 2009 22:41

I think something like this would be pretty cool. Do 'pages' come under the list of 'fancy' post types? I was thinking that on an installation I am doing now where I am playing about with multiuser setting it would be good to allow the people who are registering to only post 'post' type post :D

L

7 Aug 09, 2009 15:59

lturner wrote:

I think something like this would be pretty cool. Do 'pages' come under the list of 'fancy' post types? I was thinking that on an installation I am doing now where I am playing about with multiuser setting it would be good to allow the people who are registering to only post 'post' type post :D

I have the same sort of installation with a zillion normal users, and a couple of more advanced users, but I have at least 4 custom posttypes that will be used by everyone.
So be careful if you set it to 'posttype' only

Form is loading...