Recent Topics

1 Jul 24, 2009 04:40    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

New to b2evolution and am a bit overwhelmed by all the features. I want a simple blog for a community of about 130 people. I want no access to anyone who is not a member ... that means that non-members are not only not allowed to post ... they cannot even SEE the blog to read what IS posted. Is it possible to bar the gate to all but those who have username/password? I'm sure that this information is here somewhere ... can you point me to it?

Thanks!

T

3 Jul 26, 2009 16:15

I’m still having trouble with this issue. My original question concerned limiting access (both viewing and posting) to my blog to only those with username/passwords. You suggested this plugin with the following instructions. Here is what I have done and the result:
= = =
The installation for this plug-in is easy. Just follow the steps below.
1. Download : BOPIT plugin for 2.x and higher
2. Download: Grab the latest version from am_bopit_plugin.zip (plugin for b2evo v1.8.x, v1.9.x & 1.10.x)

I DID THIS

3. Unzip & Upload: Unzip the file into the "/plugins" folder of your b2evolution installation. It will make a folder called "am_bopit_plugin", which you need to upload to your b2evolution server, putting it into the same "/plugins" location.

I UNZIPPED THE FILE AND PUT THE RESULTING FOLDER “AM_BOPIT_PLUGIN” ON THE SERVER IN THE /BLOGS/PLUGINS LOCATION

4. Install the Plugin: In the back-office, head to the "App Setting" -> "Plugins" tab. In the "Available Plugins" list, you should see "AM BOPIT". Click [Install] in the "Actions" list, on the right. BOOM! It's installed.

I CLICKED ON THE “INSTALL” OPTION AND GOT MESSAGE THAT IT WAS INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY
IN TOOLS SECTION WHEN I CLICK ON THE AM BOPIT TAB I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

Fatal error: Class 'Plugins_no_DB' not found in
/home/ifcamed1/public_html/blogs/plugins/am_bopit_plugin/_am_bopit.plugin.php on line 114

Any thoughts?

4 Jul 27, 2009 01:03

I'm guessing you have an out of date version of bopit ... damn, gonna have to go find the release post and cure the link :p

In the meantime, you can meander here ( @link [url=http://waffleson.co.uk/2007/10/credits]credits page[/url] ) and download my version of bopit and the protect your blog plugin ( just hit the tacky green icons next to the names ;) )

¥

Form is loading...