Recent Topics

1 Jul 26, 2009 09:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Whenever I hit a Users->profile page the first password field is pre-filled with ********* which just happens to be the same length as my password. So I tried something: I changed a value (show the icon legend) and put my actual password into the second password field. Sure enough it liked it, which tells me it actually is putting my password into the first password field.

Firefox issue most assuredly as it doesn't happen in Internet Explorer. ("Internet Explorer" for those who don't know is web browser that, believe it or not, is closed source. It used to be quite popular but mostly is now only found inside corporate intranets in a small town in Washington state.)

Not sure if this is happening with 3.3.0.RC1 because I'm still working through the abysmally stupid deletion of my profile in FF. Wow of all the bone-headed things to do! Bookmarks and stored passwords: GONE! I'm also not sure of *why* this happens. The name of the field isn't the same as on the login screen, which doesn't pre-fill a password until I give it a username that firefox happens to know about. In fact nothing is the same except that it is password type field, but then again so is the second password field on the users->profile page. The second field is not pre-filled.

So there you go. A weird problem that hopefully someone else can duplicate and maybe someone else can come up with a solution to.

2 Jul 31, 2009 17:08

I was going to suggest it was a stored password, but the profile deletion would seem to have taken care of that. :lol:

To be sure, have you checked for any stored passwords under Options/Preferences -> Security - Saved Passwords in Firefox?

3 Jul 31, 2009 17:40

I always save passwords in the browser. This is a change in behavior that I'm pretty sure tracks to upgrading firefox. That is to say, it never happened this way with FF 2.whatever but happens now with FF 3.5.1. FF 3.5.0 didn't last long enough on my computer for me to be sure if it happened then or not.

So something about Firefox 3.5.1 is somehow deciding that the stored password for this particular application needs to be autofilled into the first of 2 password fields. b2evolution has always taken care of all other fields - of course.

4 Jul 31, 2009 17:58

I used to have this problem in my FF as well ... buggered if I can remember how I cured it, or if it cured itself ... am I running FF? ...*phew I am* ... urm, version .... urm ... clicks help ..... 3.0.11

¥

5 Aug 08, 2009 01:21

I just noticed something that is probably related. FF352 (it updated itself) also "remembers" the password for blogging by email even though that option is not enabled. I'm guessing it is because there is a field present that isn't visible so FF decides it ought to spy on me some more. If chrome didn't suck so bad I'd start using that instead.

Form is loading...