Recent Topics

1 Aug 07, 2009 14:50    

[url=http://www.Tweetmeme.com]Tweetmeme[/url] is a service which aggregates all the popular links on twitter to determine which links are popular. Tweetmeme is able to categorize these links into categories and subcategories, making it easy to filter out the noise to find what your interested in.

Tweetmeme provide a button that you can add to your website or blog to enable you to share new content and tweet about it. The button provides a fully integrated URL shortener and the story or pages title. Each link which is posted on twitter adds one link to the link count on that story.

Features

[list]Allows you to easily add the Tweetmeme button to your blog posts in b2evolution
Allows you to choose where the button should be placed - top or bottom (or both) of your post along with positioning it to the left or right of the text.
Choose between the compact or normal style buttons
Allows you to change the source which you retweet, E.g. "RT @yourname[/list:u]

You can download the plugin from here:

[url=http://www.leeturner.org/b2evolution-plugins.php/tweetmeme-plugin-for-b2evolution]Tweetmeme Plugin[/url]

Enjoy
L

2 Sep 18, 2009 17:58

I have updated the Tweetmeme Plugin to version 0.4. This new release includes a few new features for the Tweetmeme button released by the Tweetmeme team. The new features are:

NEW - You can now see the tweet stats for a configurable number of posts
NEW - You can now see the tweet stats for a specific post on the edit post screen
NEW - You can now change the URL shortner you are using

Head on over to the [url=http://www.leeturner.org/b2evolution-plugins.php/tweetmeme-plugin-for-b2evolution]Tweetmeme Plugin for b2evolution[/url] plugin page, download it and give it a go.

4 Sep 24, 2009 20:26

Hi Topanga

I think that would be pretty cool. I had seen the facebook share button on sites before but hadn't looked into it. The button comes from this site:

http://www.fbshare.me

It looks like it works in a similar way to the tweetmeme button so it shouldn't be too hard to put one together.

I can add it to my todo list :D

L

5 Sep 24, 2009 20:32

Then I can only hope that you need it very soon for yourself;)
that is always the best trigger a to-be-plugin can have : the developer needs it himself;)

Since I blog almost always about non-tech stuff, the tweattablitity of my posts is very low. But my posts are very high facebookshare-aly ;)

6 Sep 24, 2009 20:37

I'll see if I can bump it up the priority list :D

L

7 Nov 28, 2009 06:58

It's working again. Thanks for this great plugin.

8 Jan 23, 2011 15:06

Upgrading to b2evolution 4.0.3 from 3.3.3 Tweetmeme gave this error and is not working any longer:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for load_class(), called in /home/.../public_html/.../plugins/tweetmeme_plugin/_tweetmeme.plugin.php on line 23 and defined in /home/eduardot/public_html/literanova.net/inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php on line 86

Notice: Undefined variable: classname in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php:86) in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 59

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php:86) in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 243

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php:86) in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 244

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php:86) in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 245

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php:86) in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 246

I downloaded and tried to re-install the plugin but before attempting to install it again, at the plugins - install page, I get this error message:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for load_class(), called in /home/.../public_html/.../plugins/tweetmeme_plugin/_tweetmeme.plugin.php on line 23 and defined in /home/eduardot/public_html/literanova.net/inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php on line 86

Notice: Undefined variable: classname in /home/.../public_html/.../inc/_core/_class5.funcs.php on line 89

Any Ideas how to solve this?

9 Jan 23, 2011 16:01

The plugin has yet to be tested in the latest release so I guess that answers the question of whether it works or not :)

However, the plugin has had some updates done to it prior the 4.0.3 release but I haven't had the time to release them yet. I have just installed it on a local copy I have of 4.0.3 and it did seem to work. You can try it out if you like:

http://www.leeturner.org/media/downloads/b2evolution/plugins/tweetmeme_plugin-beta.zip

Let me know how it goes.

L

10 Jan 23, 2011 17:19

Your newest (Beta) version works fine with b2evolution version 4.0.3, Thanks!

Unfortunately, as I had to uninstall the previous version of Tweetmeme, all tweeted posts counts were lost and all post now have zero tweets... Does this plugin rely on MySQL? If so, is there a way of bringing back the tweet counts via a MySQL backup I have?

Thank you!!!

:D

11 Jan 23, 2011 17:40

That is really strange. Nothing is stored by the plugin to do with the tweet count. All that information should come from tweetmeme when the badge loads.

You could try pinging one of your URLs to see if that makes a difference:

http://tweetmeme.com/update/ping

L

12 Jan 23, 2011 18:02

I pinged some URLs and twetmeme says:

Your URL has been queued to be pinged

Still all counts in zero. Guess I'll have to live with that.

13 Jan 23, 2011 19:44

Edit this to make the plugin work in b2evo 4

if ( version_compare( $GLOBALS['app_version'], '4' ) > 0 )
{	// b2evo 4 and up
	load_class( 'items/model/_itemlist.class.php', 'ItemList' );
}
else
{
	load_class( 'items/model/_itemlist.class.php' );
}

14 Jan 23, 2011 20:07

Heh, the if{}else{} is redundant, just use the first load_class() statement and the 2nd param will be ignored < version 4 ;)

¥

15 Jan 23, 2011 20:07

Thanks for that but I don't think I need it anymore. The beta version of the plugin linked above no longer has the code in it that causes the error in b2evo 4.

That code was taken out due to tweetmeme no longer supporting those features.

L

16 Jan 24, 2011 11:41

Thanks for suggestions but the Beta version of Tweetmeme is working fine.

Somehow the old tweet counts are still zero but that's not the plugins fault. I pinged the urls but nothing has happened yet.

17 Oct 06, 2012 04:15

Tweetmeme service has been suspended. This is a message from their site:

TweetMeme
Sunset

We’re really proud of TweetMeme but all good things must come to an end. Thank you for your fantastic support over the past 3 years. Take a look at our latest product, DataSift.

Any alternatives?

Form is loading...