Recent Topics

1 Aug 11, 2009 11:27    

OK, so I had a spare moment last night and thought I would have a really exciting time and have a play with the bookmarklets plugin that is shipped with b2evo (3.3.1-stable).

I assumed it should add a tab to the tools menu but it didn't. I had a quick look at the code and all it had is a AdminToolPayload function. I changed this to a AdminTabPayload and added a AdminAfterMenuInit to add the tab to the tools menu but I was wondering if I had missed something?

What should the AdminToolPayload function do ? I can check these changes into CVS if it is the right thing to have done but I though I would just check first :)

L

2 Aug 19, 2009 17:51

Untested, but that looks like hereditary code that allows a plugin to spit out content before the default tabs content .... pretty sure I can find a way to abuse that at some time in the future :D

I've not looked at the bookmarklets plugin, so I have no idea what it should or shouldn't do ;)

¥

3 Aug 19, 2009 18:06

From what I can tell it just adds a tab with a javascript bookmarklet on it for you to drag to your browser toolbar. If you are on a webpage that you want to blog about you click the bookmarklet and it loads the b2evo new post screen with the title and link fields populated.

Not sure how much use the bookmarklet plugin gets so I might just check the changes in and see if they get rolled back or not ;) At least with the changes, it actually works :)

L

Form is loading...