Recent Topics

1 Sep 22, 2009 15:28    

I just wanted to make sure that I am not missing something blatantly obvious but I don't seem to be able to see any way to update the rss/atom feeds that b2evo creates.

I was hoping there would be some sort of hooks like we have in 'normal' skins but there doesn't seem to be any.

Have I missed something?

Cheers
Lee

2 Sep 23, 2009 19:04

render item && display item should work, so should beforeblogdisplay && ( I think ) afterpagefooter

Between all those you should be able to bend the core.

¥

3 Sep 23, 2009 19:24

Thanks for that ¥åßßå

I don't actually want to update the content of the posts for the rss feeds so I will take a look at the other events to see if they fit the bill.

L

4 Sep 23, 2009 19:25

It'd possibly help if I knew your goal ;)

¥

6 Sep 23, 2009 19:53

Ahh ...that sounds familiar ... probably walter in irc, he gets enthusiastic about 3rd party tools that don't actually do much more than the norm .... the servers you ping on post creation are your hubs, where you park your rss feeds is the source ... just use feedburner and you have the same end result? ie/ bugger all server load for the hosting that you pay for and let a 3rd party take the brunt and hope you've picked one who's business model for advertising is sufficient to cope with demand?

If beforeblogdisplay && afterpagefooter work then all you need is output buffers and regex .... not ideal, but doable

¥

Form is loading...