Recent Topics

1 Jul 25, 2004 15:38    

I have a large WP blog that I'd like to import into b2, what would be the easiest way to do this. I can see that the only import facility is for MT so am thinking of trying to get my WP blog exported in the same format as MT uses. Could I do this with just a template or would I have to create some sort of script? Ideas on a postcard please? ;)

2 Jul 26, 2004 08:59

I believe that you can do this using the "upgrade from cafelog/b2" install option, since the db schema is pretty much the same.

3 Jul 26, 2004 09:03

Are there any things I need to check out first? Do I need to change table names or anything?

4 Jul 27, 2004 17:34

Actually, the WP db scheme is pretty much different from b2/cafelog. Cafelog upgrade will give poor results.

We should have WP upgrade in an upcomming release.

5 Jul 27, 2004 17:36

I've written a php script that pulls the data from WP and puts into the same format as an MT export but the b2 utility doesn't seem to see all the pings and only imports the first comment for each entry. I successfully imported it into MT and then exported it again and now b2 will import the 2nd file. I'm not sure what the difference is!

6 Feb 20, 2005 12:56

Any news on the Wordpress converter?

7 Mar 12, 2005 23:12

Come on guys!!!! Anyone have any word on when we might see a working WordPress importer?

Form is loading...