Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2009 06:10    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Do people develop skins on here for money? I need a skin based on my site's design and would like to pay someone who has some experience to do it. I doubt it would take very long if I could tell you what I want. Thanks.

2 Aug 21, 2009 11:18

Hi lothar97. Welcome to the forums :)

lothar97 wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Do people develop skins on here for money? I need a skin based on my site's design and would like to pay someone who has some experience to do it. I doubt it would take very long if I could tell you what I want. Thanks.

There are some folks who work for money. Why don't you link your site so people have an idea if they even want to deal with it? Because seeing is way better than hearing about eh? Also you didn't say what version of b2evolution you are using. Both of these are way more important in determining how long it'll take (and heck if anyone is even interested in trying) than a guess that it won't take very long.

I once upgraded a web that looked like it used a stock skin. Took 2 weeks. Later I did a web that had a completely customized skin. Took 2 days. The "start with nothing" web I'm doing now is well over 6 weeks old. Just sayin'...

http://b2evolution.net/about/professionals.php :D

3 Aug 22, 2009 10:51

Hi, thanks for responding.

My main website is located at: http://www.starcraftmethod.com/

I need a style for what is pretty much a linkblog I guess. Our bloggers will make a small excerpt type post there when they make a new post on one of their own blogs... and then feedburner will pick that up on the main page. There might be an easier way to do this.

Anyways I just need a design that integrates with the feel of the rest of the website. I can supply colors and some artwork as needed. As far as moving links around I don't really need anything on there but a place on the right column to have links to each of our blogger's blogs. The left would be for the excerpts they can post, and the right would have a list of links to other blogs. Categories could still be useful, and search. Not sure if anything else would be needed. I just installed recently so I am assuming I have the latest version. Version 3.3.1 I believe.

Thanks!

4 Aug 25, 2009 14:07

lothar97 wrote:

Hi, thanks for responding.

My main website is located at: http://www.starcraftmethod.com/

I need a style for what is pretty much a linkblog I guess. Our bloggers will make a small excerpt type post there when they make a new post on one of their own blogs... and then feedburner will pick that up on the main page. There might be an easier way to do this.

Yea.. there is.. what you have to do is create an 'aggregated blog' which will gather all posts from the selected posts.

Regarding youır skinner request, i may help you out if you are in no hurry..Any similar websites that you might suggest to demonstrate what you have in your mind?

5 Aug 26, 2009 00:09

Thanks, I got the aggregated blog set up! Didn't know that I could do that.

As far as the skin goes I could probably do a lot myself if you could help a little. The most important things about the look of the skin is that it doesn't have a disconnected look from the rest of my website, and that it is easy to navigate.

Pixel is my favorite skin I have found so far. What I want is a 2 column blog, that uses my site's color scheme, has easy navigation back to my main site.

Thanks. Can I contact you on msn?

6 clarence456 Aug 28, 2009 07:13

clarence456

* Spam Links Removed

Form is loading...