Recent Topics

1 Sep 03, 2009 21:13    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all...
Please visit http://tinyurl.com/km5m4z

You'll notice the check box is appearing over the Notifications label. I need to move this. Looked up on-line that $newline should add a well...new line. But have no clue how to add it to the code on _subs.disp.php. (Using 3.1)

The current code is

$Form->begin_fieldset( T_('Subscription Form') );

$Form->info( T_('Login'), $current_User->get('login') );

$Form->text( 'newuser_email', $current_User->get( 'email' ), 30, T_('Email'), '', 100, 'bComment' );

$Form->checkbox( 'newuser_notify', $current_User->get( 'notify' ), T_('Notifications'), T_('Check this to receive a notification whenever someone else comments on one of <strong>your</strong> posts.') );

$Form->end_fieldset();

Any help making this space right would be so appreciated.

3 Sep 03, 2009 22:33

Sorry...

Please login with

user name testuser
psw testthis

You should see what I'm seeing...

ALSO...I am aware that there are errors on the page...but as best as I can tell they are being generated by the base blog code. I really don't want to break the blog so any help anyone can offer on how to fix the basic source code to eliminate the type of errors I'm getting would be very much appreciated. This is an ongoing issue.

4 Sep 03, 2009 23:46

The fieldset contains both a label and an input. That's how they get to be on one line. Kinda cool, until you float an image next to a label that is fairly long...

How about in the block you pasted above simply change "Notifications" to "Notify"? It would be short enough to fit in the space that the base build allows, thus solving the problem without much moficating files.

5 Sep 04, 2009 00:00

Do what EdB suggest plus play around with the related blog_base.css
Because your trying to fit a pre styled form into an area thats much smaller than it was designed for, try mucking around with the edits below. At least they give you seperation, however note, unless you give them a specific class the styles below will also effect your Comment forms etc...
I suggest you go for a small "avatar" and give the form a bit more breathing space.

/* 18/80% forms: comments and profile */
form.bComment fieldset
{	/* one form line */
	border: none;
	margin: 2ex 0ex;
	padding: 0ex;
	/* border: 1px solid #00f; */
}
form.bComment fieldset label {
	font-weight: normal;
}
form.bComment fieldset div.label
{ /* label of form line */
	float: left;
	width: 12%;
	text-align: right;
	padding-top: .5ex;
	font-weight: normal;
	/* border: 1px solid #f00; */
}
form.bComment fieldset div.input
{ /* input zone of form line */
	margin: 0 0 0 24%;
	/* border: 1px solid #f00; */
}
form.bComment fieldset.input{
	margin: 0 0 0 25%;
	/* border: 1px solid #0f0; */
}
form.bComment fieldset div.info
{ /* info zone of form line */
	margin: 0 0 0 28%;
	padding-top: .5ex;
	/* border: 1px solid #f00;*/
}

6 Sep 04, 2009 00:37

Thank you EdB and John for your help. I changed the label for now...and am going to play with the styling for future. You're great!

Form is loading...