Recent Topics

1 Dec 03, 2009 02:29    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to all the blogging, I currently have a news section on the home page of my website which I update, however what I thought would be nice is if I could pull in the last couple of blog entries into this area of the page.

Can this be done?

2 Dec 03, 2009 20:42

Hi fireworkcrazy

Welcome to the forums. In b2evo you can make one blog aggregate another blog which will basically display the blog posts from the other blogs along with its own posts.

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? If so then you can head on over to Blog Settings -> [choose your blog] -> Advanced and look for a bit that says 'Aggregation'. Enter the id of your news blog and it will aggregate your news posts. You must enter the ids of all the blogs you want to aggregate including itself.

Cheers
L

3 Dec 03, 2009 23:56

An easy way to take headings from any blog, including your own, and making them appear on another page, is to use an RSS feed parser which takes the public RSS feed from any blog and turns it into HTML code that you can format as you need. I use CaRP but there are various others.

4 Dec 04, 2009 13:46

Thanks guys

I will look into both these options and get back, but I think the RSS is the way to go.

Form is loading...