Recent Topics

1 Dec 08, 2009 22:15    

My b2evolution Version: 3.1.0

I'm trying to figure out if there's a simple way to set either all categories or certain categories so that when that category is selected, instead of displaying full posts in chronological order, it simply displays a list of post titles, date posted, and maybe 25 words from the post.

I don't see any functionality to accomplish this, but I also can't imagine it'd be hard to do.

2 Dec 08, 2009 22:33

In the SEO settings of the blog, you can select hat gets displayed for each post on a category page. If you select "excerpts" that may be a little bit longer than 25 words but I think that's pretty close to what you want ;)

3 Dec 08, 2009 23:50

That would be a nice feature, by the way. One could select "Show post titles" rather than modifying the skin and playing with $disp_detail

4 Dec 09, 2009 05:17

fplanque wrote:

In the SEO settings of the blog, you can select hat gets displayed for each post on a category page. If you select "excerpts" that may be a little bit longer than 25 words but I think that's pretty close to what you want ;)

Thanks for the response -- I actually had looked at that page and figured that might be where it is. Only thing is that now I just looked at it again and I still don't see it. Under the category section there I see:

[URL=http://img704.imageshack.us/i/1282009111453pm.png/]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6411/1282009111453pm.th.png[/URL]

Of course, I could still be completely missing it ... or was this added after 3.1.0? (I really need to upgrade ... just am rarely up late enough at night to do it in a low-traffic period).

5 Dec 09, 2009 05:18

sam2kb wrote:

That would be a nice feature, by the way. One could select "Show post titles" rather than modifying the skin and playing with $disp_detail

I know I'd use this feature -- mostly b/c it's easier (for me) to scan a huge listing of posts for certain ones than to do google site search or scanning through pages by category.

6 Dec 09, 2009 20:38

NealO, yes, the feature has been added recently. You should definitely upgrade to 3.3 (check out the online demo to see it in action ;)

Sam2kb: right now the minimum you can display is title + excerpt. You are welcome to add an option to display only the title with no excerpt.

7 Dec 09, 2009 20:57

fplanque wrote:

Sam2kb: right now the minimum you can display is title + excerpt. You are welcome to add an option to display only the title with no excerpt.

I will most likely do this :)

8 Dec 09, 2009 22:43

fplanque wrote:

NealO, yes, the feature has been added recently. You should definitely upgrade to 3.3 (check out the online demo to see it in action ;)

Awesome - thanks for the heads up. Now I just gotta take the plunge and upgrade already. BTW the blog I'm referring to here is my fan site for FiveFingers:

http://birthdayshoes.com

b2evo has been a great platform for this site, so thank you!

Form is loading...