Recent Topics

1 Dec 11, 2009 23:15    

Does scheduled posts exist anywhere in 2.4.7 or in 3.x or is there such a feature anyway ?

I mean i post quotes everyday but i dont want to login and write everyday, so lets say i have wrote 7 posts just today and posted them as "scheduled" each will be published on each week day and the time i want them to? ofc the posts will stay as draft and will not be visible until the time i want them to be published

2 Dec 11, 2009 23:18

Yes, it exists since version 0.6 :)

Just set the date of your posts in the future and their status to published and save :) (don't use 'publish NOW' since NOW means NOW :)

3 Dec 11, 2009 23:23

oh snap... i thought that only set the timestamp in db, i never thought it could be used for that .. thanks.

by the way OT, correct me if im wrong but i see that you are far more ethusiastic about evo than ever these days.which is very good, but again and again i recommend you should take criticisms as important as the praises. i thought 3.x would be huge without a doubt, and i personally could not use it entirely, actually i barely touched it; made an install or two; so i dont know what all the fuss is exactly about, all i know is it caused more controversary and criticisms than i imagined

4 Dec 18, 2009 00:57

*coughs*..uhhm... i have wrote the post, set it to 10 minutes later, didnt use publish now, just used post type published and nothing happened.

The post awaits in posts/comments section, there is publish now still available, but it did not get published.

Am i missing sth here ?

5 Dec 18, 2009 03:06

Did you set post status to 'publish'?

6 Dec 18, 2009 03:37

i had set it to published but i have rechecked just to make sure and saw somehow the status was selected draft.No issues, its all fine.Thanks for the heads up

7 Dec 18, 2009 03:45

I was hit with this problem before and took me a while to work out why my posts weren't showing.

The change in default status is something I'm still not used to in V3. I sometimes write posts in advance. It worked perfectly in the past and now I must remember to click the status before saving the post. One extra step :/

It'd be nice if there's an option to set the default status.

8 Dec 18, 2009 04:01

I am pretty sure there was a setting like that but i couldnt just find it right now, and if my mind is playing with me and there is not one; big loss.

9 Dec 18, 2009 19:48

tilqicom wrote:

I am pretty sure there was a setting like that but i couldnt just find it right now, and if my mind is playing with me and there is not one; big loss.

As said in another thread, in v4/cvs, "Publish Now" has been replaced by "Publish", which eliminates the need for an extra click.

10 Dec 22, 2009 03:02

I knew it
iceblock wrote:

It'd be nice if there's an option to set the default status.

.../conf/_admin.php

/**
* Default status for new posts:
* Possible values: 'published', 'deprecated', 'protected', 'private', 'draft', 'redirected'
* @todo fp>This should be moved to the backoffice. Select list for each blog.
* @global string $default_post_status
*/
$default_post_status = 'published';

11 Dec 22, 2009 08:47

Tilqicom: very old version. There is a thread somewhere that explains why this is gone.

12 Dec 22, 2009 13:30

it is ? i assume it has gone in 3.x, but my 2.4.7 has, so its not that old

13 Dec 22, 2009 14:33

2.4.7, like all 2.x releases, are basically a software design from 2007.

Form is loading...