Recent Topics

1 Dec 18, 2009 16:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have no idea where to invoke this change, but on the blog where one would normally expect it to say "comment" it says "leave feedback". Any help would be much appreciated and I'd gladly send a virtual 6-pack of your choice beer.

I know this is something in the customization of the skin, but I cannot figure out where. I'm no expert with customizing skins.

My blog: http://blog.autismepicenter.com

Thanks,
Shane

*edit*
Myspace message formatting removed. Please don't use huge garish text on this forum

¥

2 Dec 19, 2009 11:58

"leave feedbacks" or "comments" depends on your skin.
take a look in folder blogs/skins/the_skin_you_choosed/ for files _item_comments.inc.php and/or _item_feedback.inc.php
edit the files and search for the words you wanted to replace.

3 Dec 24, 2009 18:40

Here's my blog: http://autismepicenter.net/blog/blog2.php

I still can't find the spot I need to change. I checked in _item_comments.inc.php and _item_feedback.inc.php. I also copied the latter into my skins directory, uploaded it, and it crashed my blog's comments page.

Can anyone offer a more exact answer?

If you go to my blog it's the "Send feedback" right next to each post that I want to change to say "Leave comment".

Thanks!

4 Jan 04, 2010 08:14

came across your post since I had the same issue. After looking around for a while I found the answer. It depends on which skin you are using but for me I am using the evopress skin and the file I had to edit was the _item_block.inc.php file. In that file there is the following:

<?php
// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
$Item->feedback_link( array(
'type' => 'feedbacks',
'link_before' => ' | ',
'link_after' => '',
'link_text_zero' => '#',
'link_text_one' => '#',
'link_text_more' => '#',
'link_title' => '#',
'use_popup' => false,

Simply replace 'feedbacks' with 'comments'
make sure you use lower case 'comments' and not 'Comments' or you will receiver an error as I found out earlier. Hope this works for you.

5 Jul 16, 2012 18:50

/inc/items/model/_item.class.php

line 2252:
if( $params['link_text_zero'] == '#' ) $params['link_text_zero'] = T_('Send feedback').' &raquo;';

Form is loading...