Recent Topics

1 Dec 21, 2009 17:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello everyone,
I have been trying to update my blog and really put a nice header banner image up. I am using the Pixel green skin and cant seem to figure out where to edit this. If anyone can please help me I greatly appreciate it.

If you need to look at the blog the address is below.

www.untamedindustries.com/blog

Thanks,
Ryan

2 Dec 21, 2009 18:00

Look in /skins/pixelgreen/style.css around line 217, you can find a reference to the image there.

3 Dec 21, 2009 18:11

Thanks i see the section where it says header photo... but what do i post the path of the image. How to i replace the header that is there already with a new image. All i see is

/* header photo */
.headerphoto {

border: none
}

4 Dec 21, 2009 18:30

You can do it in two ways:

1. Amend the CSS file to reflect the name of your file, then put that file in the same folder as the existing header image

or

2. Rename 'headerphoto.jpg' to something like 'old_headerphoto.jpg'. Then upload your own file to the same folder with the file name 'headerphoto.jpg' on it.

Either way will do.

The section you are looking for looks something like this...

/* header photo */
.headerphoto {
	margin: 0 auto;
	width: 770px;
	height: 200px;
	padding: 15px 10px 10px 10px;
	background: #FFF url('img/headerphoto.jpg') no-repeat center;
}

...it's the last line of that group that needs changing.

5 Dec 21, 2009 18:32

Your image needs to go into /skins/pixelgreen/img/ by the way

6 Dec 21, 2009 19:06

great! i got the image up there, but any idea on how to hide that other header that is up there?

7 Dec 21, 2009 19:22

I have another question for you, besides that header question.. I checked out your blog and see you have a Flicker widget on your side bar. Do you know where I can get a twitter one and how you put that into your site as well... I am trying to learn how to navigate around the back end, but not really sure.

8 Dec 21, 2009 19:37

Hmm.. not too sure, as I'm looking at your blog and can't make out what other header you are referring to - can you do another screenshot and point it out?

You can do flickr and Twitter widgets using 'Free HTML' quite easily. The first thing you need is to find the code from Twitter and copy that. Then go into:

Admin | Blog Settings | Widgets

Select the 'Add Widget' link for the Sidebar section and select 'Free HTML'. Paste the code into the page you end up on and give it a meaningful name, then save or whatever it tells you to complete the action. All you need to do then is toggle the new widget up to where you want it positioning.

10 Dec 21, 2009 19:47

nice, I will try the twitter logo.

if you are looking at my blog i am referring to where it says up on the very top.

"Untamed Industries Home, Contact, Photo, Home
Dare to be different"

i am trying to get that out of there, bc it looks horrible and just have an image at the very top of the blog.

11 Dec 21, 2009 19:55

OK, back into blog settings | widgets then. You need to look at the 'Header' and 'Menu' sections. All of those widgets can be removed if you wish, but be careful that you don't take too many of them out, as that's the navigation for your readers (and yourself at times). You probably don't want to remove the Login item from the menu part, otherwise you'll need to make sure you know what the URL for that button is so you can get into it that way.

My instinct would be to say that perhaps you need to modify the structure of that skin slightly, so that you can have the menu running across underneath your header image - but that's definitely a job for later, once you're familiar with running your blog.

12 Dec 21, 2009 20:06

That image is a bit BIG!

13 Dec 21, 2009 20:30

yeah i took it back down, i tried to shrink it, but it still come over the text and didnt look right. But i think that is along the right path on what i am trying to do.

Thanks for your help, as you can see i added the Twitter widget.

14 Dec 21, 2009 20:44

Just so you know, the image needs to be no wider than 760px to just drop into that space neatly. I'm not too sure of the height, but it seems to be around 93px if I'm reading the CSS right.

15 Jul 25, 2011 20:40

Wanted to change the banner in pixel. Uploaded a new headerphoto called headerphoto1.jpg

Uploaded into Files then skins / pixelgreen / img

dimensions are the same are original.

Went to skins/pixelgreen/style.css did an edit to change heaaderphoto to headerphoto1
/* header photo */
.headerphoto1 {
margin: 0 auto;
width: 770px;
height: 200px;
padding: 15px 10px 10px 10px;
background: #FFF url('img/headerphoto1.jpg') no-repeat center;

The header has not changed. Tyring to swap out the green banner with tree for a cloudy day.

http://alittlebrowndog.com/blog/blog7.php

Went back checked spelling then deleted headerphoto.jpg and upload new headerphoto.jpg with my image.

Still nothing. Went to CSS and changed back to headerphoto. Nothing changed.

Does it take time to propigate? Do I need to do something to the server?

Appreciate any feedback.

Tzartak

16 Jul 27, 2011 05:46

the dimensions of the replacement photo need to match the css exactly.

770 x 200

then it finally worked

17 Jul 27, 2011 14:08

I believe you just had to force-refresh the page with CTRL+F5

Form is loading...