Recent Topics

1 Jan 04, 2010 22:28    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.2

If I turn off the comments feature for a blog i.e. never allow comments. What will happen to the existing comments? Will the comment section be hidden on the template display.

I want to add a custom commenting option from www.intensedebate.com on my blog, http://www.blogswithwings.com. Will I be able to do this by simply turning off the comments feature or will I have to alter the php in the template before adding the javascript code for the new commenting option?

2 Jan 04, 2010 23:51

What will happen partly depends on your skin.
Just try turning comments off and see what happens. I will not delete comments from teh database, so you'll always be able to switch back.

3 Jan 05, 2010 00:08

Thanks for your feedback. The comments totally disappeared so I guess when I install the custom commenting script everything should work just fine.

4 Jan 06, 2010 22:27

That looks interesting. I wonder if they can exist side by side. Let me know how it works out.

5 Jan 07, 2010 15:47

I've decided to scrap the whole idea. My frequent readers are not going to be happy that all of their previous comments have disappeared. On top of that for some reason, on posts with <!-- more --> or Read More - the comment pluging was showing before the followup, in the middle of the post.

I even tried the plugin for Disqus that I downloaded from the b2evo plugin site.

So much for more interactive commenting options. Sometimes my b2evo experience is a love/hate thing. Mostly I love it, most of the time, just not right now.

6 Jan 07, 2010 15:48

@nelsonguirado - yes both forms will display at the same time, but that's just confusing for readers.

7 Jan 07, 2010 19:18

did you "disable" or "close" ... should make a difference ;)

¥

Form is loading...