Recent Topics

1 Feb 01, 2010 22:52    

I have received two complaints recently from people who tell me they are seeing someone else's name and e-mail address when they go to the comment form to post a response.

"I got this message in my e-mail today from a person I have never heard of before.

'FYI When I was reading the news this morning, I scrolled down to read the comments ... and your info was in my 'Leave a Comment' area... I would be upset if mine were on someone else's screen, so I thought that I would let you know.'

How does my username and e-mail address show up on someone else's machine?"

Why am I seeing other bloggers email addresses when I should not be seeing them?

Any thoughts on why this would happen? Would this be a cookie issue, database flaw or hack? I do not yet know if the two people have the same ISP.

2 Feb 01, 2010 23:03

Seems like either User or comment IDs were messed up in the database.

3 Feb 01, 2010 23:20

That was one of my thoughts. However, the commenters are all unregistered. There are essentially no 'member' comments.

And Sorry for putting this in the wrong category. If someone can move it that would be great, otherwise I will repost to the Support page.

4 Feb 02, 2010 16:30

Sounds like a cache_is_collecting problem ;)

¥

5 Feb 02, 2010 17:03

So, your suggestion is I should UN-check "Enable cache" on the blog settings "Advanced" tab, or are you referring to something else?

And feel free to nuke my duplicate post. I won't mind.

6 Feb 02, 2010 17:21

Happy enough for the dupe post to just stay locked and move down in the course of time ... although it would haven been a lot less effort to nuke it than type this reply :P

Disabling cache should help.

Question is, is this your own skin or one that shipped with the core? ...

guessing you missed a "cache_is_collecting()" thing somewhere, probably around your comment form ;)

If you haven't then yer gonna feel the inclination to create a post in the bugs forum which means I'll need to waste loads more time on my creative reply than it'll take me to move this thread.

¥

7 Feb 02, 2010 18:01

It's a 2x core skin on a 3.3.3 install, but modified with the chunks of code which were posted here to make it 3.x like.

Sounds like my first step, after disabling cache, is to remake my skin with it's original 3x parts and then see what happens.

Merci.

8 Feb 02, 2010 18:06

Look for cache stuff ... it's meant to wrap bits that shouldn't be cached ;)

¥

9 Feb 03, 2010 17:54

Well, we shall see what happens from here on out, as I rebuilt my skin from the Evocamp skin supplied with the 3.3.3 download. *knock wood*

11 Feb 04, 2010 21:43

So far, so good *touch wood*

Form is loading...