Recent Topics

1 Mar 17, 2010 00:10    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

To maintain consistency with my main site, I want to use my site's page header code in the header of the blog. After some experimentation, I found that I could use this reference at the top of the "_body_header.inc.php" file:

<?php virtual ('/cgi-bin/showblogheader.pl'); ?>

This seems to work across each main blog page. However, opening any article or other link in the blog results in a blank page. The page rendering seems to stop at the point my header is called.

I also found that if the above VIRTUAL call references a blank HTML file, I still get blank blog sub-pages. Therefore, it appears that the blog doesn't like the reference.

Is there a reliable way for me to insert my Perl code into the top of each page in the blog?

Thank you!

---Michael

3 Mar 17, 2010 06:45

Hi. Thank you for writing.

I lease a server and, yes, it supports Perl scripting. I have the VIRTUAL function working now, allowing me to have my custom headers at the top of every blog page. It only took a single line of code in the skin header include file.

---Michael

4 Mar 17, 2010 07:02

hmm so is everything ok now?

5 Mar 17, 2010 07:16

Yes. It appears to work fine, throughout the entire blog. Placing the following code in the first line of the "_body_header.inc.php" file allows me to insert a custom header, with a logo, JavaScript menu, and a photo.

<?php virtual ('/cgi-bin/showblogheader.pl'); ?>

---Michael

6 Apr 01, 2010 07:19

The best solution is to get the hosting services to that services... .. Also i want to share my experiences with you... About domain name and hosting services.. Its basically the web development process.. I got my domain name in here *removed/ @ reliable costs...

7 Apr 01, 2010 08:22

Hi Kanna84,

Thank you. I'm all set with domains, and I have my own server. I'm working on configuring it, to control the blog's appearance.

---Michael

Form is loading...