Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2010 18:05    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I am getting the following error message when publishing new posts. Is this something that I need to fix on my end? Help? (It has never happened before today.)

# Pinging Ping-O-Matic...
# Remote error: Connect error: (1714894133) (5)
# Pinging b2evolution.net...
# Remote error: Connect error: (-1079062488) (5)

2 Apr 04, 2010 19:02

Ask your host if they've disabled fsockopen && curl recently

¥

3 Apr 05, 2010 16:32

Thank you for responding. I checked with my host and because my site is on a VPS, they "say" they do not touch any of the controls or settings or whatnot. And they are very reluctant to offer support for my questions.

However, the day before these errors started to occur, we received notice from the host that there were problems on the VPS. I don't know the nature of those problems, but we received a second notice that the problems had been resolved.

In any case, this is all a little above my head. Can you please help? I don't even have any idea where to find fsockopen or curl on my server.

>_<

4 Apr 05, 2010 17:59

Ok, assuming you have cpanel and whm, you need to go into whm and check your php settings

whm > software > EasyApache (apache update ).

Keep clicking next until you get to "exhaustive list", click that and then check any settings that mention curl then click "save and build"

If it was me I'd also make sure you picked php5 and suphp

¥

5 Apr 05, 2010 23:32

First of all, I appreciate your help with this.

I have a Parallels Plesk Control Panel for a VPS account through StartLogic. Can you tell me where to go from there?

6 Apr 06, 2010 10:12

It's been years since I used plesk so I couldn't tell you where to start looking without access to your account.

¥

Form is loading...