Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2010 22:25    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3 released on 12/15/09

Hi there,

I am new to the idea of extended posts and just recently discovered how to create one. That is, I have a rather long post already, and I rather have it appear as an extended post.

So, after the first paragraph I insert the "!M" function, and conceptually speaking it does work, however it does mess up the appearance of the skin I am using in a way and the background is not being loaded.

The good thing is that when you click on the "more" link, the full article appears to be fine and the skin looks OK as well.

Any hints and pointers as to what to do to fix this? Maybe I am not creating the extended post correctly to begin with (I am only using the "!M" button)? Or the skin that I am using does not support this (I am using the "Intense" skin)?

Here's a link to my blog with the extended article on the first page so you can see what I mean:
http://rainerrohde.com/index.php

Needless to say, as soon as I remove the extended option from the article, it shows up just fine on the front page.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Rainer

2 Apr 05, 2010 06:51

hi rrohde

Can you try clicking the HTML button bellow and paste this <!--more--> between the 1st and 2nd paragraph that you want for your extended post.

did you try to switch skin? if it works using another skin or theme, then you got your self a theme issue.

goodluck

3 Apr 05, 2010 10:50

Thanks for your reply, jmcausing.

The "<!--more-->" line is already visible in HTML mode; do you know if there's anything else needed within HTML besides this initial line? There's no need for some sort of terminating line or so?

Well, about the skins: it seems as if any skin that I tested with the extended post on the first page has the same problem and doesn't get loaded all the way.

Now I am stuck, as I really like having that feature working.

The only thing I could think of is that I was copy and pasting the article into the wysiwyg editor first in one chunk and then inserted the "!M" button's function; I did not type, then inserted "!M" and then continued typing... but I assume that wouldn't cause this behavior.

-Rainer

4 Apr 05, 2010 11:31

Just a quick note: I find it odd that the extended article works just fine in its category, however it does not work on the front page (the blog home).

5 Apr 05, 2010 18:11

Check your settings for admin > blog settings > [/blog] > seo

¥

6 Apr 05, 2010 20:09

Thank you ¥åßßå;

Within the SEO tab I found the "Post contents:" field which I switched to "Post excerpts" from the initial (and probably default setting) "Standard post contents (stopping at "<!-- more -->")" - and it showed the text as expected now on the front page.

However, now the post does not expand at all when I click on the "more" link.

Now I am even more confused....

7 Apr 06, 2010 10:14

Can you screenshot all of the settings on the seo page for your blog?

¥

9 Apr 06, 2010 15:09

Ok, your settings look ok, try visiting admin > tools > urm, one of the tabs > clear pre-rendered cache, and seeing if that cures your old posts.

¥

10 Apr 06, 2010 15:29

Done!

Thank so much for your help, ¥åßßå.

Just in case others have to do the same:

"Delete pre-renderered item cache" can be found within the admin-backend > Tools > Misc.

-Rainer

Form is loading...