Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2010 18:05    

I’m a newbie to this site. Hello to all.
I have a website which I run, but I know nothing at all about PHP or MYSQL my site was built for me by a guy who promised he would look after it for me, unfortunately He never kept his promise. I would like to be able to add a blog to my website but do not have a clue what all this chmod 777 and all the other things mean. So either I have to try to learn PHP and MYSQL at 69 years old (No Chance I've looked) or I get the offer on here from some nice person to set it up for me. Any offers? I can’t afford to pay either wish I could. My website is http://www.royal-signals.org.uk

2 Apr 04, 2010 18:55

Been a fair few decades since I last saw the RCS emblem!

Adding a blog to your site is fairly easy, grab the zip from the downloads section ( I advise 2.4.7 ) and then upload the /blogs/ directory to your webspace.

In your control panel for your web click "mysql database wizard" and create a new database and user. Once you've done that hit yourdomain.tld/blogs/install/ and fill in the database and user details from the account that you just created and hit go.

¥

3 Apr 05, 2010 09:19

Many thanks for your reply.
I did exactly as you suggested, and after royal-signals.org.uk/blogs/install then enter I got the following error
Warning: require_once(locales/_locale.funcs.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bpskdk/public_html/blogs/conf/_locales.php on line 90

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'locales/_locale.funcs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bpskdk/public_html/blogs/conf/_locales.php on line 90

That does not mean anything to me at all Help

4 Apr 05, 2010 17:38

Ok, it looks like you haven't uploaded all the files from /blogs/ or you got a corrupt zip in the first place.

Easy first try is to download a fresh copy of the zip and re-upload the /blogs/ directory ( choose "overwrite all" )

¥

5 Apr 07, 2010 07:23

Thank you for the rply again.

I did exactly as you suggested again and got exactly the same result.Apologies for the delay in answers but i am at the hospital a lot having chemo.
Do you have any further ideas or suggestions that i may be able to try?
Thank you

6 Apr 07, 2010 10:22

I'd need an ftp login to be able to help you further.

¥

7 Apr 07, 2010 22:12

That is very kind of you.
One of my e-mail addresses is brian -at- royal-signals -dot- org -dot- our-fair-isles. If you would like to contact me on that I'll send you the login details.

*edit
Saving your email from spam bots

¥

8 Apr 08, 2010 23:21

I'll drop you an email sometime tomorrow or the day after, just a smidge busy getting our dahlia beds ready for this season atm and I'm afraid they can't wait

¥

9 Apr 09, 2010 07:42

I Completly understand.

Yours Aye

Brian S

Form is loading...