Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2010 03:47    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Running from the same PC, I'm able to login a b2evo backoffice via FF, IE, but not Google Chrome. The following error is always displayed when trying to login via Google Chrome:

Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired.

There are also a few b2evo installations on the same server. Only one installation is having this particular problem.

I have also tried clearing every single browser data via options. I have also tried changing $instance_name in _advance.php. What else can I look at?

The server has no internet presence hence can't give you a link.

2 Jul 20, 2010 04:22

Is there anything that makes your broken installation unique? I mean b2evo version, main/subdomain or subdirectory install, new install/upgrade from older version?

3 Jul 20, 2010 04:46

The only difference is, this particular installation is used as CMS, and is installed in a subdirectory and is not intended to be accessed publicly as a blog. There's a php script in the root directory (modified from multiblogs.php) and programmed to display only certain pages and posts.

I can still access the blogs. It just wouldn't let me login to backoffice from Google Chrome, no problem with FF and IE.

4 Jul 20, 2010 06:59

I can't think of anything that may cause this problem for chrome only. Is it updated, the most recent version is 5?

5 Jul 20, 2010 18:46

check your cookie path is "/"

¥

6 Jul 26, 2010 02:37

Thank you for your replies. I know this is mostly unrelated to b2evolutions itself. Since I'm using Chrome as default browser, it's inconvenient to switch browser just to access backoffice and it's really weird that it's the only site on the server not working.

sam2kb wrote:

Is it updated, the most recent version is 5?

Yes.

¥åßßå wrote:

check your cookie path is "/"
¥

It was installed in a subdirectory and the alias to the subdirectory is 'content'. When checking cookie paths from both FF and Chrome, both are '/content/'.

I have tested a new installation in a subdirectory and it's working! Wonder if there are errors in the setup that I've overlooked?

Form is loading...