Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2004 00:32    

Dear PHP afficianadoes,

I'm using the Stockholm skin, we got the Header color adjusted
as I hoped for, now I need to darken the color of the Post Titles.
They're still faunt and don't stand out as they should.

Can someone point me to the code I need to change to adjust
them?

Thanks,
RB

2 Aug 20, 2004 02:18

If you look at the source of the webpage you can see what tag(s) the titles are enclosed in. Here's what I see when I view the source from the skins page....http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=stockholm

<h3 class="bTitle"><a href="http://www.lipsum.com/">Lorem ipsum</a></h3>

You can see that it's an "h3" tag with class "bTitle". So if you go into the css file associated with that skin you should find the h3#bTitle section and change the color there.

In the future, view the source of the webpage to find which tags you need to alter, then cautiously experiment. ;)
Wink

Hope that helps,
nate

3 Aug 20, 2004 04:52

Nate wrote:

If you look at the source of the webpage you can see what tag(s) the titles are enclosed in. Here's what I see when I view the source from the skins page....http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=stockholm

<h3 class="bTitle"><a href="http://www.lipsum.com/">Lorem ipsum</a></h3>

You can see that it's an "h3" tag with class "bTitle". So if you go into the css file associated with that skin you should find the h3#bTitle section and change the color there.

In the future, view the source of the webpage to find which tags you need to alter, then cautiously experiment. ;)
Wink

Hope that helps,
nate

This is what I see in that section of the css file. In the "bTitle" area
I don't see a place to change the color.

RB

/* Styles for posts */
.bPosts {
vertical-align: top;
float: left;
margin: 0 1%;
padding-top: 3px;
border: 1px solid #DBCEC8;
background: transparent;
width:63%;
voice-family: "\"}\"";
voice-family:inherit;
width:63%;
}
html>body .bPosts {
width:64%;
}

.bPost, .bPostpublished
{
clear: both;
margin: 3px;
border: 1px solid #818C8E;
padding: 0 8px;
}
.bSmallHead {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 80%;
text-transform: uppercase;
margin-top: 8px;
margin-bottom: 8px;
color: #8994A5;
}

a, a:link {
color: #8f8882;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:visited {
color: #bbb;
}

.bPost a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}

.bTitle {
margin-top: 8px;
margin-bottom: 8px;
}
.bText {
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
.bMore
{
text-align: center;
}
.bMore a
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 110%;
}
.bSmallPrint,
.bCommentSmallPrint

4 Aug 20, 2004 05:11

Nevermind,, I'll just stick with the "Custom" skin for that blog.
It seems just too much trouble to change everything I'd like to.

Thanks,
Ron

5 Aug 20, 2004 07:36

h3 {
	font-size: 120%;
	color: #707070;
	font-weight: 500;
}

If you got a good editor with a decent search feature, making web pages will become much easier.

6 Aug 23, 2004 16:45

In my case it is h6 and in the main css for the London template I cannot find an h6. I did find h6 is b2evo.css and changed that color but it did not seem to help.

Any ideas for me?

7 Aug 23, 2004 20:33

As I said in the other thread, read the skininfo.html. It points to an ALA atricle which tells you how to do the dynamic text replacement. My london skin uses some pretty complicated php to generate those headings, and isn't controlled using CSS. Unless you're happy modifying php variables, I'd leave it alone. If you want to risk breaking the skin, take a look at the _heading...php files. They're clearly marked as to what they do.

8 Aug 24, 2004 11:23

Graham wrote:

My london skin uses some pretty complicated php to generate those headings, and isn't controlled using CSS. Unless you're happy modifying php variables, I'd leave it alone. If you want to risk breaking the skin, take a look at the _heading...php files. They're clearly marked as to what they do.

Thanks for the explanation Graham. I am not wanting to break the skin - that's for sure. I would just like to change the color of the headings from light blue to an orange type color when it is a link.

The black when it is not a link is great but I would like to use an orange color when it is a link.

Is that easily possible or.....?

Thanks.

9 Aug 24, 2004 19:21

Alvin

Open the files and look. You won't break anything by looking.
Basically, just change the color from #fff000 or whatever to whatever you want. No big deal, really.

10 Aug 26, 2004 11:51

It's not red but rather a light blue color in the london skin I think. The file you are speaking of must be the _heading.php ?!?

If it is, I cannot see what parameter would be changed.

Form is loading...