Recent Topics

1 Nov 11, 2010 07:41    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Can I create levels of users with different ACL's, so that some users can see some posts, others can see more, and a really privileged group can see all? Looked for this, couldn't find it.

TIA.

2 Nov 11, 2010 08:20

b2 has more advanced user levels than any other cms -that includes joomla, wordpress-.

you do not have to deal with presets, the user groups & hierarchy depends on your imagination.

3 Nov 11, 2010 14:02

That's great news. Can you point me to either the documentation that describes how to, or the specific admin command(s) to do so? I must be blind...

TIA

5 Nov 28, 2010 20:17

Hi,

I have a smiliar question and could not figure out how to implement that with b2evolution 3.3.3.

I have a single blog with multiple authors. What I would like to implement is to restrict a given category to either specific users or a specific group.
Thus all registered users can enter new blog entries, comments, etc. in all categories except this special one (and its sub-categories) unless the are explicitely authorized for the category.

Any hints?

krimskrams

6 Nov 28, 2010 20:24

You can't do this on category level. Use separate blogs for this.

7 Nov 28, 2010 21:35

Hi,

ok ... so could I link a second blog into my first blog "as a category"?

krimskrams

8 Nov 28, 2010 21:53

I guess you can.
Just create one public blog where everyone can post, and one private where only users specified in '"User permissions" settings can post.

Form is loading...