Recent Topics

1 Nov 19, 2010 09:40    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi all,

I have been using b2e for couple of years and I'm on 2.4.2.

I have had comments turned on for the most part but due to spam I have shut the comments down from time to time. For probably about a year now I have set it to "can be disabled on a per post basis" so after a while I just go a close the comments for the posts.

Now it seems that this has stopped working for whatever reason! No comments are alowed except for myself when I'm logged in. It does not make any difference if I set it to "Allow on all posts" If I'm not logged in all I get is "Comments are not allowed from anonymous visitors." at the end of the post.

The last comment was posted in September so that is the last time I KNOW it worked. I do not recall doing anything except write a few posts since then. I have not added any plugins or anything so I have no clue what may have happened.

Anyone have an idea what may be the culprit here?

Thanks in advance:)

Arnor Baldvinsson

2 Nov 19, 2010 10:46

See if you have Basic antispam plugin installed, and if it allows anonymous users to post comments.

3 Nov 19, 2010 21:12

Hi,

sam2kb wrote:

See if you have Basic antispam plugin installed, and if it allows anonymous users to post comments.

That was it!!! Thank you so much! Now... IF I want to keep this turned ON and let visitors register, how do I do that?

Arnor

4 Nov 19, 2010 21:31

You can enable user registration on Global settings -> General tab

5 Nov 19, 2010 23:38

Thank you SO much! Definitely behind on the learning curve<g>

Best regards,

Form is loading...