Recent Topics

1 Aug 26, 2004 07:30    

I know this might seem like it defeats the purpose, but is there a way to have the London skin use normal text instead of replacements? I've read skininfo.html but it doesn't have instructions on how to do this. I'll figure it out if need be, but I'm sure there's some slick way it'll take me days to find otherwise. I just can't afford the CPU time and bandwidth, however cool it looks.

I enjoy the look and feel of this skin and would like to keep using it with only minor modifications; this is really the only thing I need to change.

Thanks for your time.

2 Aug 26, 2004 09:52

This is untested, but try opening up your _main.php and deleting

<script
  type="text/JavaScript"
  src="replacement.js">
</script>

Near as I can tell that's what goes through and does all the image replacement.

It also looks like you'll have most of your titles in h6 size, so you might have to bump them up. Depends on what the rest of the style sheet is doing to the h6 tag. I guess technically you'd want to if you're into the concept of a 'well formed document' (whatever that means).

Again, untested.

3 Aug 29, 2004 00:04

Just wanted to let you know, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I tried it and it didn't work, and as I'm in school at this point I don't have time to muck around with it myself like I'd like to; I'll just use another for now. Thanks for your time!

4 Aug 31, 2004 11:45

I don't know what you did, but that is what you need to get rid of to take out the dynamic text replacement feature. You shouldn't need to style too many things, since it's designed to work (kinda) with browsers that are text only.

5 Sep 01, 2004 08:59

I'm used to hosting my own site, so since this one was FTP-based perhaps I'm a bit rusty with the remote admin detail. I ended up editing F. Planque's "custom" skin a bit to suit a kind of remix of my old site, the constituent hardware elements of which are presently being prepared to be eBayed, and I think it came out rather well! (In a shameless plug, check out http://think.stufftoread.com/ for yourself.) :D

I do applaud your work, though, Graham, and will stay posted on your skins from here on out.

Form is loading...