Recent Topics

1 Feb 17, 2011 04:16    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

All the files that come packaged with the software have had their new-line characters removed. Is there any way to go back and put them back in without having to go METICULOUSLY line by line and add it all back in by hand?

It gets really frustrating when you want to take a look at the code or modify it somehow, since if there ARE any changes you want to make, you HAVE to add it all back in since many of the required lines of code end up being read as comments since they're on the same line as one.

2 Feb 17, 2011 05:18

Don't unzip b2evo on the server, unzip it on local computer and then upload to the server.

3 Feb 17, 2011 05:19

Actually, that's exactly what I did. Even before I uploaded them, the files were just one long line of code, wrapped on for ever and ever.

4 Feb 17, 2011 05:24

Are you using Mac? Anyway try another program like 7zip

5 Feb 17, 2011 05:25

Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition
Compression/Decompression agent of choice: WinRAR

Should I use WinZIP or do you know a better application for this particular job?

7 Feb 17, 2011 05:33

I switch back and forth between notepad and AceHTML (which is REAL nice considering it highlights code vs. comment and various other aspects... it has saved my life on more than one occasion programing-wise).

I NEVER save a file if I see wall-o-code until AFTER I re-insert the new-line spaces. Doing so would be detrimental to my mental health.

...however...

This Notepad++ you've sent me a link to... wow, I'm impressed.

Thanks very much. I do appreciate it!

Form is loading...