Recent Topics

1 Sep 01, 2004 18:18    

I'm redoing my website which is currently powered by WordPress, but decided to switch to b2evo for the new version. Now I'm scared though as I look at the existing templates and such.

I'm used to WordPress' style of just entering functions where you want stuff to show up and frankly, I don't see the kind of documentation like this that WordPress has:

http://www.viper007bond.com/readme.html#templates

Am I missing it here or what? I'm going to be converting an existing template that I have into a b2evo skin and have no idea where to start...

5 Sep 02, 2004 11:25

If you need the more advanced features that b2evo offers, you will need to get your head around them. You can't have more features without a little extra complexity.

You might want to look at the WPC skins on the skins site. They're fully compatible with WP css, so they might help.

6 Sep 02, 2004 12:50

No, I totally understand why it's more complex, it's just scary when I look at it, that's all. ;)

7 Sep 02, 2004 20:28

If you know any Object Oriented language, it's not scary at all, but for someone with just HTML experience I can totally understand how it could be complicated looking. I actually love the way the functions and objects are written, it really lets you do a lot more with the blog.

Form is loading...