Recent Topics

1 Sep 02, 2004 11:40    

hi,

how do i locate or create the database for b2evo? after that am i supposed to see it in the mysql admin console?

i have this function call problem of mysql_connect()... not working... and i only see a "test" database in mysql admin console. i'm really stuck and i hope the installation instruction can be more descriptive.

appreciate any help.

pikachiu

2 Sep 02, 2004 19:05

Do you have phpMyAdmin installed on your server? You would be able to view, create, and edit databases with it if MySQL is not working properly.

3 Sep 03, 2004 05:30

hi,

i tried using running index.php from myphpadmin but i got the following errors:

cannot load MySQL extension,
please check PHP Configuration.
Documentation

what is the problem?

pikachiu

4 Sep 03, 2004 09:16

the problem could be that you don't have an php-enabled, nor mysql-enabled server or that mysql is not started.

Are you working on your local machine ?

5 Sep 03, 2004 18:19

yes, i believe i have mysql started properly... i see this "traffic light icon" at my task tray and when i double-click on it, it's the mysql admin UI...

the thing is that when i go to the database tab, there's only a default "test" database created... that's why i was asking how can i create a b2evo database or does it come with the download....

in fact, i tried re-installing everything using yellowtip web server package... still doesn't work.

yes, i'm running on my local PC with IIS 5.0

thanks very much for any help.

6 Sep 03, 2004 21:31

You do have to create an empty database
normally yellow-tip does that for you
(can't you see a database called 'b2evolution' ?
If not, create one your own in phpmyadmin
creating the tables and stuff, that what the install.php from b2e does for you, but you have to create an amty database.

7 Sep 05, 2004 13:49

hi,

when i tried install.php, the following error occurred.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Htdocs\b2evolution\blogs\b2evocore\_functions.php on line 35

can anyone tell me what's wrong? i assume mysql service is running cos i run <mysqld> in dos prompt to start it manually... but the funny thing is that whenever i tried using mysqladmin to start the service, it always tell me that it fails, try after 30sec or so... any advice on this.

appreciate any help.

Form is loading...