Recent Topics

1 Sep 07, 2004 07:20    

I debated on which forum to post this in (it was either this one or the "How To"... I took a chance), I have a question about my sidebar linkblog.

Is there a set limit of how many links/lines of text are permitted in the sidebar? The reason I ask is this: I was happily posting in my linkblog, entering a rather long list of links under my "Where I Go" category (as in, where I surf on the internet), and every 3 or 4 I entered, I'd check just to make sure everything was looking good. I noticed that after I had entered 21 links, only 18 were showing up (I actually have about 30 I need to post under that category). I thought that maybe I just needed to *break up* the categories (like there was a limit to how many could be included in each?), so I tried making a few sub-categories and moving some of the links around --- to no avail. I also tried to post into a different category entirely, and still nothing. BUT, they are showing up as "published" when I look through the posts in the linkblog.

Is there something that I have to edit somewhere? My blog is located at http://www.imagicreation.com/blog, if that helps.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

2 Sep 07, 2004 08:17

That's in your skins/skinname/_linkblog.php file. There is a chunk of stuff up top that lets you dial in certain behaviours about your blog. One of the settings is the max number of entries to display.

# maximum number of linkblog entries to display:
if(!isset($linkblog_limit)) $linkblog_limit = 20;

Change it as you see fit.

3 Sep 07, 2004 17:34

Oh! I knew there had to be something somewhere, I just didn't know where to find it. :lol:

Thank you so much for your quick reply, and thank you for solving my problem! :D

4 May 26, 2005 12:41

well thanks a lot folks, I would never have found it :(

5 Nov 14, 2006 20:48

I changed to below

# maximum number of linkblog entries to display:
if(!isset($linkblog_limit)) $linkblog_limit = 100;

And yet nothing changed.?!?!

Form is loading...