Recent Topics

1 Sep 17, 2004 10:06    

OK, I've experienced this problem before with Greymatter, but it's popped up again with the "Clean" skin in b2evolution.

In Internet Explorer, the permalinks on my blog force the sidebar to the bottom of the page for some reason (even in a maximized browser window). Everything about the skin looks fine on the main page though.


permalink example:

Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running both Firefox and IE 6 at 1024x768.

2 Sep 17, 2004 18:43

Man oh man I don't like that skin anymore! Why oh why a skin would have a body width of 70% then need horizontal scroll bars is beyond me. That's fixable (and I did while trying to figure out your issue) but it was more complex than I feel like doing for a new skin. Here's a fix, but it only addresses the pushed-down sidebar (not the pointless horizontal scroll bar), and I have no idea if it will work in lower resolution or when people use the browser side-bar thingies. In your css file (clean.css in my zip) find the part that says

	background-color: #fff;
	border-width: 1px;
	border-color: #cccccc;
	border-style: solid;
	padding: .5ex;
	width: 98%;
	margin: 0ex;

and change the width to 80%. I did not try anything other than 80% so you might be good with 82% if you want to split hairs. Let me rephrase that: I did not try anything *that worked* other than... And come to think of it I doubt 82% would work because something tells me the other side of that stuff is given 18% and there's like a whole bunch of pixels dedicated to padding and margarining in that area.

Actually the horizontal scroll bar isn't all that tough a deal to correct. Same file up top in the body definition on the line that begins with "width: 70%" you have margin-right and margin-left at 15% each. Change them to "margin-right: auto" and "margin-left: 14%". I changed the order to have left first but I don't know if that matters or not within any given definition.

Form is loading...