Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2012 20:53    

My b2evolution Version: 3.x

Hi all,

My father is sailing alone from Mexico to Australia, and asked me to update his blog (www.rson.ca/blogs) for him whenever he is able to get an email through while in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I'm new to b2evolution, and need a little help.

He suggested I create a new blog to sit alongside his other 4, which I did, and successfully created a posting under (new blog is called MEX:AUS). The problem I have is that the posting does not automatically appear on the main page, instead remaining one click below under the MEX:AUS link.

Is there a way to promote all postings I make in the new blog so they appear on the main page? It looks as though this automatically happens with his other 4 blogs ... just not the new one that I created. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

I have his login details, and am keen to fix this up so friends and family can keep track of his progress / adventures through the main page that they are accustomed to visiting.

Appreciate the help.

Clinton

2 Mar 17, 2012 00:39

That main blog is probably an "aggregated" blog.

Go to the main Blog > Settings in backoffice click on advanced settings and you will see "aggregate" options for the blog.You'll see ID's there like "4, 5, 7" etc. add your newly created blog's ID there too... If you dont know the id of the nw blog go to dashboard you ll see i t there

3 Mar 17, 2012 07:34

BRILLIANT !!! Worked like a charm - thanks a million tilqicom !!!

Form is loading...