Recent Topics

1 Apr 20, 2012 19:49    

Are there any plug-ins that help the blog comply with the new EU cookie law that comes into full effect next month?

I am worried that I'll have to close my blog if it doesn't comply with the new law which forces websites to present visitors with a choice to either opt-in or out of receiving cookies in an overt manner.

Regards,

Lee.

2 Apr 20, 2012 22:11

Is it enough to display notices on registration and comment forms that "cookies will be stored on your computer"?

In fact b2evolution stores a cookie when you open [u]any page[/u].

3 Apr 20, 2012 22:34

sam2kb wrote:

Is it enough to display notices on registration and comment forms that "cookies will be stored on your computer"?

In fact b2evolution stores a cookie when you open [u]any page[/u].

I don't think so. I think depends on what the cookie is used for. If a cookie is analytical or for setting preferences, in other words, not ESSENTIAL for the running of the site, then there must be the option to opt-out to prevent the cookie being written at all. It must be overt on the page the cookie will be written from and not hidden in Terms and conditions.

It's an awful law, which is going to annoy people.

4 Apr 20, 2012 22:38

Then we only need it on feedback forms in default b2evo install.
There might be third party plugins that save cookies though.

5 Apr 20, 2012 23:10

I've also read that software developers must ensure that future releases of software are compliant.

Form is loading...