Recent Topics

1 Apr 21, 2012 19:14    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.5

Sometime ago I tried upgrading a blog from version 4.0.5 to 4.1.1 and it was an absolute disaster.
I ended up with a lot of problems but the worst was that databases were corrupted and all accented and Spanish characters were changed to garbled text.

But let me point out a very necessary information:
The blog is in Spanish and uses ES-VE utf-8 locale.

I want to upgrade to the latest b2evolution version but I'm afarid it won't go right.

So, can everybody that reads this give me their opinion on how I should upgrade without corrupting the MySQL databases... PLEASE!

2 Apr 26, 2012 05:16

First, you should never upgrade a live website. Make a copy of the database, upload files from new b2evo version to a subfolder, edit $baseurl in /conf/basic_config.php to match the folder change and upgrade that copy.

ES-VE utf-8 is not a standard b2evo locale, make sure you copy it over from a backup to /locales folder before you open the installer. Then make sure you selected your locale [u]before the upgrade[/u].

3 Apr 27, 2012 15:53

First, you should never upgrade a live website. Make a copy of the database, upload files from new b2evo version to a subfolder, edit $baseurl in /conf/basic_config.php to match the folder change and upgrade that copy.

That is new for me and I will do it.

ES-VE utf-8 is not a standard b2evo locale, make sure you copy it over from a backup to /locales folder before you open the installer. Then make sure you selected your locale before the upgrade.

I have always selected it as you say and never gave me problems until now when upgrading from version 4.0.5 to 4.1...
All non standard characters in Tag Clouds and a plugin called "Blogalaxia Tags" are garbled after upgrading.

Form is loading...